Question
HP LaserJet 1020-1022 Kills Print Spooler
Replies (39)

Honor Student
megadethIT1989
Message 21 of 40 (15,212 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 1020-1022 Kills Print Spooler

I found a solution for this i had a user just one that's why i did it i change the PDF default program to FOXIT reader here's the link http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/ no more problems with this printer when i try to print a PDF file, but as i said this my solution maybe some users have to use Adobe Reader or maybe they are runnig Adobe Acrobat Pro in that case good luck. Before i forgot i try to implement all the solutions arround the web but No luck and if you need to get out of the spooler problem fast i would recommend this tool :http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p... that should fix the spooler jam in no time without reseting the net spooler through CMD OR RUN  Good Luck !!!!!!!!

Honor Student
ciem
Message 22 of 40 (14,638 Views)

I wanted to install a printr spooler than to add the printer HP officejet 5610 all in one printer

Student
maddyxavier
Message 23 of 40 (13,038 Views)

HP LaserJet 1020-1022 Kills Print Spooler

HP laserjet M1005 when using with desktop with XP proffessional os showing spooler not working.When i print some PDF files Spooler subsytem gets killed automatically.Then i have to wait for 10-15 mins or else restart the system.I would really appreciate if u provide me a solution

Honor Student
bsphil
Message 24 of 40 (13,010 Views)

Finally solved this issue for good WITHOUT the annoying "print to image" workaround.  Using an HP Laserjet 1018 on Windows 7 x64 btw, but this should work for similar printers at the very least.  The solution was to manually remove the printer, drivers, and registry keys.  Note that this involves manually removing files from system32 and changing the registry, so make backups when noted just in case!  Here's how:

1. If you are able, print out a test page from the printer.  (Right click the printer in the Devices and Printers list, go to 'Printer Properties', and click the 'Print Test Page' button at the bottom.)  This will print a list of drivers as well as some other info, save this for step 4.
  2. Remove the printer from the Devices and Printers list.  Turn the printer off with the physical switch on the printer itself (or disconnect the USB if you prefer).
  3. Uninstall all HP software from the Windows uninstall list.
  4. Remove the related printer drivers within C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\ (this path will be slightly different in 32-bit windows).  This would include the *entire* list of drivers from the test page (many began with a Z, the rest included the model number '1018' within that folder).
  5. Remove the cab file from C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\PCC\; the name of the printer should be within the filename.
  6. Open the registry (win+R to open a run dialog, type 'regedit' without quotes and hit enter), navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete all "Hewlett-Packard" and/or "HewlettPackard" entries as well as all of their subkeys.
  7. Reboot the PC
  8. Reinstall the core HP drivers for your printer
  9. Turn the printer back on (or plug the USB cable back in).  It will recognize a new device and install it with the new drivers you just added.

You should now be able to print normally, including printing PDFs without the "print as image" workaround.

Good luck.  (Man I hate printers...)

Student
clientpc
Message 25 of 40 (12,236 Views)

Hi Mate,

I also had same issue and after spending 2 days i came across below blog which explianed how to fix this issue. Hope this helps you cas well. I have posted Link for you.

http://www.australia-bestmate.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/hp-lj-1022-printer-keeps-stopping-print.html

Cheers

Student
healthcarechap
Message 26 of 40 (11,738 Views)

I can't believe HP really isn't owning up to this.  There has to be thousands of people with this issue- I mean Windows and Adobe Acrobat Reader? Industry standard software- Have had this issue for years now becoming a HUGE issue when deploying these printers on Win7 X64- as there ARE no "older" drivers to use as I did with WinXP.  Right now I installed Fox It Reader for an affected user and it still crashed the print spooler.  I unchecked the "enable advanced printing options" and it is working...for the moment.

If anyone has a fix on X64 Win 7 that doesn't involved installing a different PDF Reader or print mgmt app please share.  

Tutor
josh197372
Message 27 of 40 (10,952 Views)

After following the step # 6 and erasing the two extensions, copied and pasted these four drivers from this thread. Pdf files and word docs are coming out no problem so far after repeadely testing. 

For me the problem started after i installed window seven.  I did all of these actions to no avail.

1 reinstalled vista to replace windows 7
2 downloaded and used hp's scanner and fix it program
3 downloaded and used microsofts fixit  program for printers

None of this worked though my computer is no running vista again.  I have no problems with that.  I currently use a dell vostro 1500.  The HP is and awesome printer and i didnt want to stop using it so its worth it to keep my computer low tech.  This has worked for me so i hope it does for you. 
Tutor
josh197372
Message 28 of 40 (10,952 Views)

after step 6 i followed this thread and installed these drivers. PDF and word work fine now:

http://www.gameaddict.eu/hp-lj-1020-spooler-subsystem-error-fix/
Student
JoeSalmon
Message 29 of 40 (10,468 Views)

I have had this problem for over 6 months.  I found a simple fix for it online, then my hardddrive crashed and I lost this fix and cannot find it again though I keep searching for it (that's why I'm online again today).  In doing extensive online reading about this problem, there is an inconsistency in HP's software which is incompatible with ADOBE.  Every time you print ADOBE PDF's, it will mess up your print spooler.  I have yet to find a solution to the problem.  And still cannot use my HP1018!!  BIG PAIN. 

Tutor
josh197372
Message 30 of 40 (10,459 Views)

Ok. Down load windows vista. Finally worked for me to do this. Windows 7 isn't compatible with this. Been 2 weeks and no problem

If I already have windows vista go into c drive, windows, system 32 , print spool , an delete the 2 dl files

Then try device. Print spool and restart

Hope that helps
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation