10-28-2011 01:57 PM
I found a solution for this i had a user just one that's why i did it i change the PDF default program to FOXIT reader here's the link http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/ no more problems with this printer when i try to print a PDF file, but as i said this my solution maybe some users have to use Adobe Reader or maybe they are runnig Adobe Acrobat Pro in that case good luck. Before i forgot i try to implement all the solutions arround the web but No luck and if you need to get out of the spooler problem fast i would recommend this tool :http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
06-07-2012 08:07 PM
HP laserjet M1005 when using with desktop with XP proffessional os showing spooler not working.When i print some PDF files Spooler subsytem gets killed automatically.Then i have to wait for 10-15 mins or else restart the system.I would really appreciate if u provide me a solution
06-11-2012 11:10 AM
Finally solved this issue for good WITHOUT the annoying "print to image" workaround. Using an HP Laserjet 1018 on Windows 7 x64 btw, but this should work for similar printers at the very least. The solution was to manually remove the printer, drivers, and registry keys. Note that this involves manually removing files from system32 and changing the registry, so make backups when noted just in case! Here's how:
- If you are able, print out a test page from the printer. (Right click the printer in the Devices and Printers list, go to 'Printer Properties', and click the 'Print Test Page' button at the bottom.) This will print a list of drivers as well as some other info, save this for step 4.
- Remove the printer from the Devices and Printers list. Turn the printer off with the physical switch on the printer itself (or disconnect the USB if you prefer).
- Uninstall all HP software from the Windows uninstall list.
- Remove the related printer drivers within C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\ (this path will be slightly different in 32-bit windows). This would include the *entire* list of drivers from the test page (many began with a Z, the rest included the model number '1018' within that folder).
- Remove the cab file from C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\PCC\; the name of the printer should be within the filename.
- Open the registry (win+R to open a run dialog, type 'regedit' without quotes and hit enter), navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete all "Hewlett-Packard" and/or "HewlettPackard" entries as well as all of their subkeys.
- Reboot the PC
- Reinstall the core HP drivers for your printer
- Turn the printer back on (or plug the USB cable back in). It will recognize a new device and install it with the new drivers you just added.
You should now be able to print normally, including printing PDFs without the "print as image" workaround.
Good luck. (Man I hate printers...)
09-19-2012 08:36 PM
I also had same issue and after spending 2 days i came across below blog which explianed how to fix this issue. Hope this helps you cas well. I have posted Link for you.
11-01-2012 11:27 AM
I can't believe HP really isn't owning up to this. There has to be thousands of people with this issue- I mean Windows and Adobe Acrobat Reader? Industry standard software- Have had this issue for years now becoming a HUGE issue when deploying these printers on Win7 X64- as there ARE no "older" drivers to use as I did with WinXP. Right now I installed Fox It Reader for an affected user and it still crashed the print spooler. I unchecked the "enable advanced printing options" and it is working...for the moment.
If anyone has a fix on X64 Win 7 that doesn't involved installing a different PDF Reader or print mgmt app please share.
12-03-2012 03:53 PM
After following the step # 6 and erasing the two extensions, copied and pasted these four drivers from this thread. Pdf files and word docs are coming out no problem so far after repeadely testing.
For me the problem started after i installed window seven. I did all of these actions to no avail.
12-18-2012 11:32 AM
I have had this problem for over 6 months. I found a simple fix for it online, then my hardddrive crashed and I lost this fix and cannot find it again though I keep searching for it (that's why I'm online again today). In doing extensive online reading about this problem, there is an inconsistency in HP's software which is incompatible with ADOBE. Every time you print ADOBE PDF's, it will mess up your print spooler. I have yet to find a solution to the problem. And still cannot use my HP1018!! BIG PAIN.
12-18-2012 12:35 PM
If I already have windows vista go into c drive, windows, system 32 , print spool , an delete the 2 dl files
Then try device. Print spool and restart
Hope that helps
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper