11-20-2008 06:57 PM
11-24-2008 03:14 PM
I'm sorry Maja, I don't know how to fix your problem. I've also got a P2015 printer and I'm having problems with mine too. But my problems are that it doesn't want to print. Turning it off, unplugging it (electrical and USB) - sometimes work, but not often. It always has one error light lit up - paper jam (there are none), no ink (there's a brand new full cartridge) or no paper (it's full of paper).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my printer actually print? Thanks!!! Tamara
11-25-2008 07:09 AM
Tamara - please post your question as a separate post - piggybacking is not considered good form and makes for a very confusing thread when both issues are trying to be resolved.
Maja - If you are recieving memory errors, it is because the information you are sending to the printer is too large for it's internal memory to process. There are a number of things you can do.
- install more memory into the printer if your printer allows that (check your user guide)
- send smaller jobs (if sending multiple page jobs - break them into smaller counts)
- Make sure to use the PS driver for pdf and photo printing, and the PCL driver for plain text.
Also, in the Printers and Faxes window (can be found in the control panel if it isn't on your menu) right click on the icon for your printer and select properties. Select the Advanced tab and make sure these two settings are marked
- Spool print documents do document finishes printing faster
- Start printing immediately
The first setting makes the computer do more of the work when processing a print job and the second allows the printer to keep clearing out the printed information to make room for the information still coming from the computer.
06-02-2011 04:55 PM
I am also having this problem. I will post a separate issue, like you requested Tamara also do. But I think it is worth noting if multiple users are having the same problem.
This problem happens whether or not the file is large, so it is not about the filesize of the document being printed.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper