HP LaserJet P2015 (14307 Views)
Honor Student
Maja
Message 1 of 5 (14,307 Views)

HP LaserJet P2015

I'm using HP LaserJet P2015 and i'm having difficulty in printing. Everytime i'm printing a document an exclamation sign appears in my printer and i cannot anymore print documents. I need to have it restarted to be able to use it again. When i checked it's status it says "MEMORY LOW". I'm assuming that's where the problem is but i cannot find the way to its memory list. Could you help me find a way to clear its memory? Thanks!
Top Student
Tamara
Message 2 of 5 (14,187 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet P2015

I'm sorry Maja, I don't know how to fix your problem.  I've also got a P2015 printer and I'm having problems with mine too.  But my problems are that it doesn't want to print.  Turning it off, unplugging it (electrical and USB) - sometimes work, but not often.  It always has one error light lit up - paper jam (there are none), no ink (there's a brand new full cartridge) or no paper (it's full of paper). 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my printer actually print?  Thanks!!!  Tamara

Master's Graduate
frprinterwiz
Message 3 of 5 (14,183 Views)

Tamara - please post your question as a separate post - piggybacking is not considered good form and makes for a very confusing thread when both issues are trying to be resolved.  :smileyhappy:

Maja - If you are recieving memory errors, it is because the information you are sending to the printer is too large for it's internal memory to process.  There are a number of things you can do.

- install more memory into the printer if your printer allows that (check your user guide)

- send smaller jobs (if sending multiple page jobs - break them into smaller counts)

- Make sure to use the PS driver for pdf and photo printing, and the PCL driver for plain text.

Also, in the Printers and Faxes window (can be found in the control panel if it isn't on your menu) right click on the icon for your printer and select properties.  Select the Advanced tab and make sure these two settings are marked

- Spool print documents do document finishes printing faster

- Start printing immediately

The first setting makes the computer do more of the work when processing a print job and the second allows the printer to keep clearing out the printed information to make room for the information still coming from the computer.

Good luck!

insert signature here
Top Student
Tamara
Message 4 of 5 (14,157 Views)

Thanks for the tip.  I've created a new message that's all about me now. 
Student
marketmonkeys
Message 5 of 5 (9,182 Views)

I am also having this problem.  I will post a separate issue, like you requested Tamara also do.  But I think it is worth noting if multiple users are having the same problem.

This problem happens whether or not the file is large, so it is not about the filesize of the document being printed.

mc

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation