Question

Honor Student
MarfiC
Message 1 of 9 (5,962 Views)

HP Laserjet 1200 multiple copies problem

I am trying to print multiple copies of an index card document to my HP Laserjet 1200 printer.  However, it will only print 1 copy, regardless of how many copies I tell it to print.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I have rebooted both the printer and the computer, to no avail.

Student
Techlade
Message 2 of 9 (5,807 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1200 multiple copies problem

I have the same problem.  No matter how many copies I tell the HP Laserjet 1200 to print, it will only print 1.  In addition sometimes this printer also prints garbage at the top.  Looks like code symbols printing.  What a waste of paper.  I have tried reloading drivers, deleting and re-installing  the printer, etc to no avail.  Does anyone have an answer to these problems?  HELP!  Joyce

Top Student
Nic0301
Message 3 of 9 (5,583 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1200 multiple copies problem (Win7)

How to print multiple copies (In order to get printing of multiple copies you need to disable "Mopier Mode")

Click Start
Click Devices and Printers
Right click your Laserjet printer
Click on Printer Properties  (not just "Properties" at the bottom of the drop-down menu - DB)
Click the tab labelled Device Settings
Scroll down to the bottom (If necessary expand Installable Options)
Click on and DISABLE Mopier Mode, which should be the last of the Installable Options

You should now be able to print multiple copies.:smileyhappy:
This information is not specific to Windows 7 and also applies to some other HP Laserjets.

Student
rogermilnes
Message 4 of 9 (5,226 Views)

Thanks nic0301.

I've had the same problem for a long time on my LJ 1320 under Win 7. Disabling Mopier Mode did the trick.

RM

Student
AIDA64
Message 5 of 9 (3,086 Views)

I have read through all of the troubleshooting options.  I am unable to change the Mopier settings.  The drop down menu is "greyed" out and the advanced tab is also "greyed" out.  I tried to change it through the "unconvetional way throught the copy count and that did not work either.  The computer is running WinXP pro.  Please help!  Thank You

Student
PastorScott
Message 6 of 9 (3,000 Views)

All,

There is a step missing for Windows 7 (#5).  This worked for me:

1. click Start

2. click Devices and Printers

3. right click on your LaserJet printer

4. select Printer Properties

5. On General Tab, click "Change Properties' button in lower left corner; then 

6. click the Device Settings tab

7. scroll down to the botom

8. click on Mopier Mode

9. select Disable

10. click apply."

Student
morimori
Message 7 of 9 (1,076 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 1200 multiple copies problem

I am unable to print multiple copies, it only prints 1 copy not matter how many I request.

Honor Student
Erin1948
Message 8 of 9 (92 Views)

This has happened TWICE to me. Unfortunately it was about a year apart and I couldn't remember how to fix it! Very frustrating when you know it can be fixed but forget how to fix it.  Disabling the Mopier Setting does work.  I disabled it again and all is back to multiple copies!  Makes me wonder what the heck the "Mopier Setting" does.  It's sure caused me grief!  Thanks for this quick fix though.   It works!

Honor Student
Erin1948
Message 9 of 9 (91 Views)

I forgot to add the fact that I have Office Pro 2013 and WINDOWS 8.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation