Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My office using Printer HP Laserjet CM6040MFP, but i have problem.

The printer always paper jam on fuser when printing full photo in plain paper. i don't why, but this problem occurs on other printer with the same type.

please help me

- Product Name: HP Laserjet CM6040MFP Q3938A

- OS Installed: Windows 7 64 bit

Regards,

Milannerz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again -

I'm happy to hear that the Y shift is a workable solution for you.

The other solution possible that appeared to be a finding a setting under Print Quality -> Optimize -> Light Media and setting it to ON.

I don't have a CM6040MFP to verify what that setting does, but it is just another possible solution to consider.

Personally I have found that one some printers, high coverage close to the leading edge of the media can sometimes cause an increased jam rate.  So I think your Y shift is a viable solution.

Best of luck!

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi -

I can't tell from your post which specific jam you are experiencing.

I found the following on the HP.com support web site at

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01450544&jumpi...

On this page are a lot of possible jam causes and solutions.  This one is a description I think sounds similar to your report. 

Common causes of jams

Cause: When printing on lightweight paper or on jobs with heavy toner coverage, paper is wrapping on the fuser causing Fuser Delay Jam or Fuser Wrap Jam messages.

Solution: Set the LIGHT MEDIA optimize mode on the Print Quality menu to ON .

HP Recommended

Hi HP Inspector 27, thanks for your atteintion.

but i can't find the solution from that link. information from that link is about how to clear jams.

My problem is, if i want to print full page photo or full color image, paper jam on fuser is always coming. only print full page photo the jam's coming.

but, i have tried to change Y SHIFT value in every tray, and the end i can print full page photo.

maybe this is related with page set up/ margin on the printer,

and maybe this is the solution.

to find Y SHIFT:

Print Quality Menu -> Set Registration -> change Y SHIFT value in every tray (you can change the value to -8)

Thanks again HP Inspector 27,

HP Recommended

Hello again -

I'm happy to hear that the Y shift is a workable solution for you.

The other solution possible that appeared to be a finding a setting under Print Quality -> Optimize -> Light Media and setting it to ON.

I don't have a CM6040MFP to verify what that setting does, but it is just another possible solution to consider.

Personally I have found that one some printers, high coverage close to the leading edge of the media can sometimes cause an increased jam rate.  So I think your Y shift is a viable solution.

Best of luck!

HP Recommended

Hello HP_Inspector_27

ok, your suggest is working. thanks for your suggestion.

so, change the Y shift values and set to on light media maybe is the solution.

but, i still have any problem about the paper jam. i found error:

13.2E.00

what should i do, bro? i'm confuse. i don't know what should i do to fix this jam.

please help me.

HP Recommended

Hello -

The web site

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01450544&jumpi...

from above has a table of "Common Jam Causes" that from my experience contains sound advice, items relating to verifying the media being used is within specification and in good condition, the tray guides are positioned correctly, the media is loaded square and not too high, etc.  It's in that table I found the "LIGHT MEDIA" setting suggestion.

Another suggestion is to verify that all supplies have remaining life - the table suggests verifying these via the "Information pages".

One last personal experience is that sometimes repeated jams may cause some build-up of toner, that should be cleaned with a cleaning page.  For the CM6040 I found the following in the User's Guide:

Create and use the cleaning page
1. Scroll to and touch Administration.
2. Scroll to and touch Print Quality
3. Touch Calibration/cleaning.
4. Touch Process cleaning page.

That would be a good thing to run.

The list of jam codes you have listed is lengthy.  It may be best to contact support as there can be many causes, depending on the rate of the jam occurrences, job attributes (duplexing? all jobs? Just some medias?, etc.).   The original message about a fuser jam with a high coverage media was a jam that I've personally experienced.

Does this product have a support team or group at your site? 

If there isn't a support group that services your product, on that web page in the left column is a link "HP Support Center", and that web page has many options, including a "Chat with HP" under the "Get Help From HP", as well as many other options.

A dedicated support person should be able to guide you through the many possible jam causes, and see if your product and experience lead to a specific resolution required.

I hope I've given you a few things to try and that this can lead to a better printing experience for you.

HP Recommended

Fuser Wrap jams are irritating on these machines. Sometimes they are legit other times they are not. We had one case where every morning a machine would wake up with the wrap jam. We replaced the fuser with HP OEM product and the problem went away. However, the bad Fuser has been working just fine in our office-no issues.

Sometimes the sensor that sits top right in the fuser slot (where the fuser slides in andis  activated by the fuser sitting in its fixed position might be damaged slightly and this will cause fuser wrap jams and jams in general in the printer. In our case a bit of the plastic flag was broken off so that sometimes it got jostled out of position.

good luck

HP Recommended

Buenos dias escribo pidiendo que alguien me ayude a resolver este error  13.20.00 Atasco en la puerta interior derecha  initial jam error code  13.2E.00  agradesco me colaboren  gracias.

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended
Good afternoon writing asking someone to help me solve this error 13.20.00 Jam in the right inner door jam error code 13.2E.00 initial agradesco collaborate thank me .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.