02-16-2011 09:34 AM
When I try to print something my Officejet 4500 gives the message to load paper even though there is paper in the tray. It seems that the paper isn't being fed into the printer even though I can hear it trying to grab a piece of paper. Any suggestions on how to correct this issue? The printer has hardly been used.
02-17-2011 06:20 AM
Hi - typically this is due to a build up of dust or paper dust on the feed rollers and just requires that the rollers be cleaned. Try following the steps in this document.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
10-19-2013 08:57 AM
10-21-2013 12:39 PM
The rollers inside the printer aren't a replaceable part, the printer would need to be serviced.
Here is a document to check the paper specifications
Since you have followed the full document for paper feeding issues then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you.
10-21-2013 02:42 PM
Your crack support team wants $70 to offer an solution.
I was able to pix the problem on my own.
1) Clean the back rollers with a moist cloth per your website instructions
2) Wind a piece of duct tape inside out around your index finger.
3) Roll each roller upward using the duct tape to make each slightly tacky.
This solved a long-standing problem with this printer.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper