HP OfficeJet 4620 photo printing will not scale or print the correct size?? (2016 Views)
Top Student
masonic35and7
Message 1 of 8 (2,016 Views)

HP OfficeJet 4620 photo printing will not scale or print the correct size??

I have a HP Officejet 4620, I am trying to print out some photos and I have followed all the reccommendations of changing the paper size, orientation to Landscape, and print quality to best.  When I try to print a photo either 4x6 or 5x7, the photo still comes out way too small and no where near to scale.  Can someone help...

Thanks

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 8 (2,001 Views)

masonic35and7, what program are you using to print your photos from?

When you print photos especially on a size that the printer does not print to you have to be sure to tell it what to expect - both on the printer (usually there is a link on the Print window) and from the program you are using.

Have you made sure to set the size definitions on both the program and the printer?

Let me know!
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
masonic35and7
Message 3 of 8 (1,988 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 4620 photo printing will not scale or print the correct size??

I am actually trying to print them from the HP website, I have the HP Pavillion dv7-124us, and after I installed the HP printer, it suggested I goto the HP/Create to print photos, so that's what I am doing. I have not tried any other external program.

Top Student
masonic35and7
Message 4 of 8 (1,987 Views)

I am actually trying to print them from the HP website, I have the HP Pavillion dv7-124us, and after I installed the HP printer, it suggested I goto the HP/Create to print photos, so that's what I am doing. I have not tried any other external program.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 5 of 8 (1,969 Views)

If you are printing photo's from the web you have to be sure that, one, the photos are large enough for the format you are printing. Otherwise, they will be reduced to their original size.

Secondly, make sure that both the printer and the print window you see are aligned with the same information (i.e. that both are set to be printing 4*6 photos).

Have you tried printing photos from your computer aside from the internet? Try that and see if there are the same issues. Also, this may be a limitation of the browser you are using (you can try Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead).

Let me know how this goes and have a great day!
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
masonic35and7
Message 6 of 8 (1,965 Views)

Not sure if this helps, but the photos are from my iPhone. I sent them to myself and saved to my laptop. I will try to print the photos from another program and see how that works. I am currently using Google Chrome, when trying to print from HP's website.
Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 8 (1,962 Views)

Can you download the pictures onto your hard drive and use one of the default photo-viewing programs to print from. Let me know what issues you run into (if any) by printing through this method.

Signature
Top Student
masonic35and7
Message 8 of 8 (1,960 Views)

Will do, thank you again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation