Question

Student
Estimilos123
Message 1 of 8 (5,719 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6500 can not print labels correctly

Please someone to assist me on this. I just bought a new printer Hp Officejet 6500 to replace my old HP Photosmart,  do a lot of label printing, but my new printer does not align the labels correctly. Did not have this problem in the past and is quite frustrating... I do create the labels the same way as did on my previous printer Micrsosoft Word to create labels , going to tools, letters and labels and on the menu I select the correct code for the Avery label that is L7651 (Small labels) I tried different size labels but still the labels do not align correctly.Any recommendations will be much appreciated !

Honor Student
iang
Message 2 of 8 (5,317 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500 can not print labels correctly

After a bunch of mucking around with my Officejet 6500, I determined that if you set the paper type to

" Borderless A4" (in printer properties/preferences- just tick the "borderless" box) then all works OK.

Hope this works for you.

Tutor
dudsound
Message 3 of 8 (5,304 Views)

You could also try printing labels from Open Office instead of Word.

I had a lot of problems with labels and I eventually got rid of my 6500 thinking it was just an HP problem and I bought a similar Epson printer which low and behold, exhibited  exactly the same, quite specific, problems with printing labels. I then tried printing labels with Open Office instead of Word 2007, and it worked  perfectly on the Epson and I now think it would probably be fine with the 6500.

In hindsight, I think the problem may stem from Word 2007 and Windows 7 / Vista not playing nicely together, plus a bit of something from the newer driver software for both the 6500 and the Epson. I never had any problems with envelopes and labels using my old HP G85, even on Windows 7.

Good luck

Honor Student
BiggggAl
Message 4 of 8 (5,232 Views)

OMG!  This is driving me nuts.... The margins and settings are all facocked on this 6500a plus printer.  I am going to try some of the tips and hope this works.  Thanks for the tips gang!

Honor Student
BiggggAl
Message 5 of 8 (5,230 Views)

UPDATE:  Tried both of the suggestions above... but I still can't get the print to fall within the lines of the labels.  I tried messing about with the margins, but that didn't do any good either.

Anyone else have any suggestions?  or am I going to have to return this printer???

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Honor Student
BiggggAl
Message 6 of 8 (5,229 Views)

Help!!!! :smileysad:

Student
Lil_Vic
Message 7 of 8 (4,129 Views)

Very frustrating indeed! After several hours, I finally got around it by adjusting the label size in word (i.e. compensating for the adjustment the printer makes)! 

Student
polite2u
Message 8 of 8 (3,285 Views)

I figured it out!!!  the borderless thing just made my lables off.  I just made the paper an HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper and it took it!  yay!  Foil labels FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!  hope ths helps somebody!:smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation