09-14-2010 02:45 PM
I used to be able to print fine but recently, as of the last few days my print has started to fade, now it is so light it looks like I don't have any ink ... I purchased new cartridges a month or so ago and my system says I have plenty of ink.
Considering I haven't printed more then 20 pages since I got the ink cartridges I know there is an issue but reviewing everyone's comments, I can't make my printer print anything except by very light (unreadable) pages, and the test pages.
Now what.? Does anyone have a solution? I've tried everyone's tips and tricks I can find on the message board.
FYI - I have a Dell, running Windows 7, and Office 2010.... and could print fine a week ago.
Anybody?? Could this be new drivers from HP?
Thanks in advance too!!
09-15-2010 12:25 PM
You mention that you can print a test page, is the test page also faint? Roughly how full does it show your inks to be? What colours are affected?
you should check your print mode is not set to draft. You can also try to service the print head using the printer toolbox software. If none of that works look here
pay particular attention to step 5 which could cause the issue - make sure that the orange tab (marked "pull") is removed and that there are no blockages in the vent.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper