Question

Honor Student
mcprevatte
Message 1 of 2 (650 Views)

HP OfficeJet 6500 will not print

I used to be able to print fine but recently, as of the last few days my print has started to fade, now it is so light it looks like I don't have any ink ... I purchased new cartridges a month or so ago and my system says I have plenty of ink.

Considering I haven't printed more then 20 pages since I got the ink cartridges I know there is an issue but reviewing everyone's comments, I can't make my printer print anything except by very light (unreadable) pages, and the test pages. 

Now what.?  Does anyone have a solution?  I've tried everyone's tips and tricks I can find on the message board.

FYI - I have a Dell, running Windows 7, and Office 2010.... and could print fine a week ago.

Anybody??  Could this be new drivers from HP?

Thanks in advance too!!

Tutor
TobarSegais
Message 2 of 2 (630 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 6500 will not print

Hi,

You mention that you can print a test page, is the test page also faint? Roughly how full does it show your inks to be? What colours are affected?

you should check your print mode is not set to draft. You can also try to service the print head using the printer toolbox software. If none of that works look here

https://astro2w4a.cce.hp.com/webclient/Document?docname=c01508373&lc=en&cc=us

pay particular attention to step 5 which could cause the issue - make sure that the orange tab (marked "pull") is removed and that there are no blockages in the vent.

Regards

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation