Question

Student
mhill16
Message 1 of 4 (2,840 Views)

HP OfficeJet 7310 Broken Cartridge Spring Arm Holder

I have not used this printer much for a year and barely before that.  Just moved my office home, and wanted to make use of it upstairs.  Had to go buy a new black cartridge because it said it was out.  I did that. 

Now, I keep getting error messages to take out the black print cartridge.  I finally got down and looked, and the little spring that is held in by a tiny piece of grey plastic is loose and the plastic spring holder is gone.  I've done a search on google, and it turns out this is common and breaks easily.  I wonder how I find a replacement part??  I appreciate any help on this, as my larger fax/copier/scanner now needs a new color toner, which will take a week to get here!  

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (2,830 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet 7310 Broken Cartridge Spring Arm Holder

HP was replacing Officejet 7xxx series printers free of cost for this particular issue. Unfortunately, this was only until 31st december 2008. You can call HP tech support and ask them what options are available for you at the moment. I'm pretty sure you'll have to pay for the service.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
jsigloff2
Message 3 of 4 (1,651 Views)

I have a HP psc 2210 all in one.  The spring on my black cartridge holder also broke ...it is older but never used much.

How difficult is it to replace with out a service tech.  Could I do it myself ...I am just average USA. and where would I go to find it   Thank You

Student
julianp
Message 4 of 4 (1,287 Views)

I have encountered this problem with my Photosmart 7150.  The plastic piece which secures the spring for the black cartridge holder is broken.  The part number listed for the "Print Cartridge Protector", which I suspect is the cartridge holder with the attached door, is #5064-4554. 

Questions:

1. Can the problem be fixed without buying a part?

2. If not, can I just buy the door which contains the broken latch?  What is the part number?

3. In either case, from whom can I buy the part I need? 

Thanks for your help.

Julian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation