05-20-2009 01:08 PM
I have not used this printer much for a year and barely before that. Just moved my office home, and wanted to make use of it upstairs. Had to go buy a new black cartridge because it said it was out. I did that.
Now, I keep getting error messages to take out the black print cartridge. I finally got down and looked, and the little spring that is held in by a tiny piece of grey plastic is loose and the plastic spring holder is gone. I've done a search on google, and it turns out this is common and breaks easily. I wonder how I find a replacement part?? I appreciate any help on this, as my larger fax/copier/scanner now needs a new color toner, which will take a week to get here!
05-20-2009 02:12 PM
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
11-26-2010 04:52 PM
I have a HP psc 2210 all in one. The spring on my black cartridge holder also broke ...it is older but never used much.
How difficult is it to replace with out a service tech. Could I do it myself ...I am just average USA. and where would I go to find it Thank You
04-06-2011 08:11 PM
1. Can the problem be fixed without buying a part?
2. If not, can I just buy the door which contains the broken latch? What is the part number?
3. In either case, from whom can I buy the part I need?
Thanks for your help.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper