Question

Honor Student
jamesweichert
Message 1 of 1 (385 Views)

HP OfficeJet J4580 All-in-one

Dear Sir or Madam, 

Two years ago I purchased this all-in-one deskjet and for the first year it operated perfectly, both over usb and connected to my Airport wireless router. For the last year, however, I have been unable to get it to print correctly. Although it does print, the page misses multiple lines of printing. What I mean is that, for example, the bottom or top half of  an entire line of words will not print, and the problem reoccurs multiple times on the page. It does not appear to occur regularly, and seems to be caused by the the black cartridge only. 

Because the printer is no longer under warranty I have attempted to troubleshoot the problem myself. I have replaced both print cartridges with new HP branded media. I have run the clear cartridges utility and have cleaned the cartridge carriage contacts/ cartridge contacts using a Q-Tip with distilled water. I have also removed the black cartridge for two hours and turned it upside down as recommended. The problem does not occur in the copy or fax function - but does occur with wireless and usb-connected printing. The test page prints correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation