Question

Honor Student
Redstarlimitles
Message 1 of 6 (14,058 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 4355 Printer suddenly start printing very slow! HP technician advice needed!

[ Edited ]

Hi,
 My HP Officejet 4355 All-in-One Printer suddenly start printing very very slow! I've had it for 4+ years and by God it never ever gave me any problems (maybe minor once, but never actually drove me crazy), considering that i used it very often at home and in the office. I always buy original HP ink cartridge (except that once, when i wanted to see how the refill works - it doesn't), and now latest cartridge has been in the printer for a month or two, nothing unusual, and suddenly my printer starts to print very very slow, if normally it took 10-15 sec for a black and white page, now it take 10-15 minutes! Could anybody suggest help?
 Please do not talk about computer/Windows/USB settings, they all work fine. I disconnected printer from PC and did "Align Print Cartridge". First step, the printed part, took 10 minutes, second step, scanning part, did not go through. It said printer can't allocate aligning page...
 By the way, i did look around for the answers and found that some people say it's a ink cartridge fault. But i used this cartridge for a few months now, it's almost, but not yet finished, it was printing perfectly so far. Printouts during this issue come out OK, 7 out of 10.
 Anybody have any ideas? If I could attract professional help of HP technicians, it would be perfect.
:smileyhappy:
Thank you.

© RedStarLimitless ©
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (14,030 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4355 Printer suddenly start printing very very slow! HP technician advice needed!

Even though they still have ink a cartridge may fail and give the results you are seeing, where the printer makes a swath and then waits 10-15 seconds for the next swath. This is caused by the failure of one of your cartridges.  Removing each cartridge and cleaning the contacts on the cartridge and printer may resolve the issue.  

I do not recall if the Officejet 4355 supports reserve mode, but try the following:  Remove the black cartridge and print a test page.  Does the printer print at normal speed?  Is so the black cartridge was the issue and should be replaced.  If not then put the black cartridge back in and remove the color cartridge and print test page.  If the printer now prints normal speed the color cartridge was at fault and needs to be replaced.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Redstarlimitles
Message 3 of 6 (14,021 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 4355 Printer suddenly start printing very very slow! HP technician advice needed!

Thank you Bob, that did help.

The printer, after making swath, take 18-40 seconds before next swath...

Anyhow, I did remove cartridges one by one, black one gave me same slow print, but color one printed a page in a seconds, so i guess my black cartridge was at fault. It's a bit sad, because my color cartridge is almost out, but the black one is half full, so I guess I have to replace both and keep injoying my old reliable friend HP Officejet 4355. :smileyhappy:

Bob, thank you again for your advice, I believe my problem is solved. :manvery-happy:

© RedStarLimitless ©
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (14,019 Views)

If the black cartridge is an HP cartridge (not a reman or refill) see the information on warranty here.  

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
mmarielewis
Message 5 of 6 (13,153 Views)

I had this identical problem w/my HP 5510 Officejet (printer suddenly started printing very slowly, 1 swath per 15 seconds). After reading this post, troubleshooting, and buying new cartridges, I determined that the black cartridge was defective. Next, I called HP for a replacement/refund (under warranty). The support person put me on hold many times, only to tell me what I already knew or did. Then I was directed to another person for more troubleshooting. I had to leave and ended the call.
I never called back because the cost of a print cartridge was not worth hours of my time on the phone. 

So, make sure you have plenty of time/patience if you expect HP to compensate you!

Honor Student
airbusa320pilot
Message 6 of 6 (9,486 Views)

Thanks Bob it works, Printing suddenly becomes slowly.
solution: Get the Black Cartridge and clean

voila done :smileyvery-happy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation