HP Officejet 5510 ink levels questions and help please??? (4885 Views)
Student
JAnderson
Message 1 of 6 (4,885 Views)

HP Officejet 5510 ink levels questions and help please???

Hi All,

I have a HP Officejet 5510 all in one and its running on a vista machine. I cannot get the HP Diretor for vista?? can anyone advise???

I want to chek the ink levels of the carthridge's but am unable to do so from the windows print menu is there a way i can check it from windows with-out the HP Director program???

Have tried searching around but to no luck would be greatfuly for any help wit this as i think i am getting rid of carthridges with ink still in them :smileyhappy:

Many Thanks 

John

Honor Student
fireball
Message 2 of 6 (4,811 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 5510 ink levels questions and help please???

Apparently there is no way to check this. See: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00808543&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=311255 The HP Director is no longer viable with Windows Vista. I have the same problem.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 6 (4,815 Views)

the self test report for the printer should show a bar with the level of ink. you can print this by going into the Setup menu by pressing the Setup Button, then going into print reports.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
fireball
Message 4 of 6 (4,767 Views)

I tried your suggestion: Setup, Print Report, Self Test Report, and indeed did get 4 bars of color, and some other printed data. I was not able to determine which one of my cartridges is low on ink; all 4 bars printed fully. What am I missing, or could you please be a bit more specific as to what I should be looking for? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 6 (4,755 Views)

if all the color bars are printed fully, then it means all cartridges are full. but if one section of the bar is full, and the other section is slightly lighter in color or looks dull, then that indicates the percentage of ink already used.

are you sure you did not find an Estimated Ink Levels tab in Printer Toolbox?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
fireball
Message 6 of 6 (4,729 Views)

Thanks for clearing that up for me. As far as I know, the Toolbox, accessed thru HP Director is not available when using Windows Vista, as the 5510 printer is not supported by Vista, other than by the operating system generic drivers. I guess I should be lucky that I get as much from Vista for a non-suported printer as I do. Thanks again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation