Question

Honor Student
sterlingace
Message 1 of 1 (6,751 Views)

HP Officejet 5610 All-in-one paper jam problem

Please is anyone out who can heIp me.

I tried to print a word document from my computer and my printer came up with the following message: Paper jam: clear jam and press ok. I have looked through the printer to see if there is any paper jammed in the printer. I just couldn't find any. This is the first time I have experienced this paper jam problem with my printer.

On pressing the OK button resulted in the printer making some strange noise (sounding as if it is trying to pickup a paper) with the catridge mechanism sliding from one side to the other for about 10 seconds without a paper in the paper tray being picked up. It then shows the paper jam message again and again. It has been the same for the last 5 hours and I need to print some documents urgently.

I have tried all of the following troubleshooting I found on the HP website without any joy.

Step one: Remove any loose paper Remove any loose paper from the input tray.

Step two: Clear the jam from the back of the Allin-

One 1. On the rear of the product, press in the tab on the left side of the rear access

door to release the door. Pull the door away from the product to remove it. Gently pull the

paper out of the rollers. CAUTION: If the paper tears while being removed from the

rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might have remained

inside the product. Loose pieces of paper will cause future paper jams. Replace the

rear access door. Gently push the door forward until it snaps into place. Press OK to

continue the current print job. If the issue is not resolved , continue to the next step. If

the issue is resolved , you do not need to continue to the next step. If these steps

resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting. If the issue persists , see the next step.

Step three: Clean the rollers Turn off the unit, and then unplug the power cord. Press in the tab on

the left side of the rear clean-out door to release the door. Remove the door by

pulling it away from the unit. Wipe the paper rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly moistened

with distilled or bottled water. Rotate the rollers with your fingers to clean all the way

around. Allow the rollers to dry completely, and then replace the rear access door. Plug

the unit back in and turn it on. If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to

continue troubleshooting. If the issue persists , see the next step.

Step four: Clear the jam from the automatic document feeder (ADF) Lift the cover of the ADF. 

Lifting the ADF cover Gently pull the paper out of the rollers. CAUTION: If the paper

tears when being removed from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces

of paper that might be remaining inside the product. Loose pieces of paper will cause

future paper jams. Close the cover of the ADF. If these steps resolved the issue ,

there is no need to continue troubleshooting. If the issue persists , see the next step. The

next step couldn't be done because the paper is not loading.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation