Question

Honor Student
johnhp75
Message 1 of 6 (1,234 Views)

HP Officejet 6310xi won't print - keeps blinking "reset power" and all lights flashing.

I have an HP Officejet 6310xi that won't print.  When you select print, the paper begins to feed then suddenly stops before any printing begins and all lights on the face of the printer begin blinking and the message "RESET POWER" blinks in the screen readout of the printer.  When I turn printer off and back on, the screen indicates a used color cartridge is inserted and I hit OK, then indicates used black cartridge is inserted, then I hit OK, then it says it needs to align cartridges, I hit OK.  After trying to align cartridges, it suddenly stops and goes back to all lights flashing and screen flashing "RESET POWER".   I can hit cancel during cartridge alignment and printer goes to normal ready position.  I can then print a test page.  But as soon as I try to print anything else, even the diagnostics page, it goes back to flashing all lights and "RESET POWER".  I did a semi reset (unplug, wait, plug in holding #6) and a full reset (with #9).  That did nothing except wipe out the date on the screen read out of the printer.   So I know the full reset executed correctly but it did not solve my problem.  Please HELP! I am reposting with email me selected - I'm new at this posting to forums...

Teacher
BikerMikeH
Message 2 of 6 (1,206 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6310xi won't print - keeps blinking "reset power" and all lights flashing

By doing the #9 reset the printer does not know what to do now. The #9 from what I understand erases all the programing of the printer functions inside the printer. So basically you just have a big paper weight...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Tutor
joef66
Message 3 of 6 (1,200 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6310xi won't print - keeps blinking "reset power" and all lights flashing

Hi Johnhp75.

Reading through your details the printer is indicating its a used cartridge, can you tell me if this a refill cartridge or a original hp cartridge.

Thanks

joef66

Although I am a HP employee I am speaking on behalf of myself and not on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
johnhp75
Message 4 of 6 (1,177 Views)

how do I reload the software in the printer?

Honor Student
johnhp75
Message 5 of 6 (1,176 Views)

Cartridges are original HP.  I started receiving the "used cartridge" message after doing the #6 or #9 resets.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 6 (941 Views)

johnhp75 wrote:

how do I reload the software in the printer?

See link below for the software and driver downloads

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=1120043&

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation