Question

Honor Student
1939T
Message 1 of 5 (11,344 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z

I receive emailed monthly statements from banks and brokers in PDF format.  When I opt to print these, sometimes the statements print one sided, other times they print two sided without any apparent direction from me.  I am not aware that I have changed the settings for my printer, this just seems to happen randomly.  Can anyone explain this? 

I am not talking about documents where I am manually loading the original, I am clear on how to load and print these one or two sided as I choose, only about incoming emailed documents.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 5 (11,329 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z

Happy Friday Eve! :smileyhappy: What operating system are yoyu using, OS X or Windows? Also what email application are you using when you print the email? Typically duplexing is something that is chosen when you start the print job.

I did find this thread on teh Adobe forums: Who/Why did recent updates embed default double-side printing all PDFs Which may be something to read into. Are you printing directly from the Adobe reader when you open the PDF from your email? Be sure to check the duplexing option to make sure it is not being retained by Adobe.

Hope this helps!

-SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
1939T
Message 3 of 5 (11,325 Views)

Hi Sean, it's Thursday eve here, but that's OK!  My O/S is Vista, my email app is Mozilla.  I am printing directly from the Adobe Reader PDF files which are accessed thru' the emails from my bank and broker or by going to their web sites.

Does this change your response to my question?  I am not aware that I have changed the print settings anywhere -  Adobe,  Mozilla, gmail, or on the HP printer itself (unless inadvertently!) month to month, but there's no question that for a couple of months recently the statements from both printed two-sided, but reverted to one-sided printing for the most recent month without any conscious action on my part.  Obviously for lengthy reports the two-sided option is environmentalIy correct and I would love to be able to exercise this at my discretion.  Or is this all part of the master plan to drive folks of my generation mad? (If so, it's working!).

I will check out the Adobe Reader print options on my version as you suggest.

Thanks - Tony

Student
Jackydjeu
Message 4 of 5 (1,036 Views)

I have the HP 6500 office jet E710n-Z. Today the black ink doesn't print, all other colors were printing fine. 

I changed the new black cartgage. Still not working. 

I then read through this foaum, and took the printhead out and soak it under hot water until the water gets clear. 

Now i put back my new black ink in and other colors in.... and printing out blank pages....

Need some help. 

Thanks, 

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 5 of 5 (1,016 Views)

Hello Jackydjeu,

Please take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation