03-22-2011 09:06 AM
Last night I changed the ink cartridges and got the message - ink system failure. We tried to put the old cartridges back and that didn't work, we turned it off and back on as suggested and that didn't work. We have also been having problems with the automatic "sleep mode" - once the printer goes into sleep mode, it isn't napping - it's hibernating and takes FOREVER to wake back up. Does anyone else have any of these problems and how do we fix it? We also looked to see if there were any updates available and HP came back with the answer No. I tried looking up warranty information, HP told me they couldn't figure out what my printer was from it's numbers. Help - PLEASE! I think we have had the printer for about a year and a half. Thanks!
03-24-2011 10:58 AM
So you've tried resetting the printer, right?
Have you tried cleaning the printhead? http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper