Question

Student
TheGuruTechs
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless

My problem is simple.  This printer accepts commands from the computer and communicates properly.  It recieves faxes, scans, and prints with no problem.  The only problem, the front panel does not work.  None of the buttons respond.  The Screen does work, it displayes information, such as printer preparing, ink levels, printing...

I have unplugged the plug and printer for over 24 hours and this has done nothing.  I have removed the panel, all the buttons appear to be okay, nothing stuck, loose, tight, all seems right.

Has anyone had this problem, and were you able to solve it?  According to my customer it worked one minute and not the next.  I'm at a slight loss.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Shawn Suter

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500 Wireless

I understand your printer front panel has become unresponsive.  I have included a helpful document for assistance.  Do you have the printer plugged into a wall outlet or surge protector?  Hp recommends having printer plugged directly into wall outlet.

Let me know if this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation