11-05-2012 10:14 AM
My problem is simple. This printer accepts commands from the computer and communicates properly. It recieves faxes, scans, and prints with no problem. The only problem, the front panel does not work. None of the buttons respond. The Screen does work, it displayes information, such as printer preparing, ink levels, printing...
I have unplugged the plug and printer for over 24 hours and this has done nothing. I have removed the panel, all the buttons appear to be okay, nothing stuck, loose, tight, all seems right.
Has anyone had this problem, and were you able to solve it? According to my customer it worked one minute and not the next. I'm at a slight loss. Thanks in advance for any help.
11-06-2012 10:39 AM
I understand your printer front panel has become unresponsive. I have included a helpful document for assistance. Do you have the printer plugged into a wall outlet or surge protector? Hp recommends having printer plugged directly into wall outlet.
Let me know if this helps.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper