Question

Intern
nancybl
Message 1 of 11 (2,503 Views)

HP Officejet 6500A Plus won't awaken from sleep.

I have the latest printer driver. When I haven't printed for a few hours, the printer goes to sleep and I can't wake it up by trying to print something. Pressing the on and off button doesn't turn it off. I have to unplug and replug and then the printer will work again.

Honor Student
mthickey081369
Message 2 of 11 (2,432 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500A Plus won't awaken from sleep.

I'm having the exactly the same problem. After sleep won't wake over wifi or usb. I have to unplug and let printer reboot.

Intern
nancybl
Message 3 of 11 (2,430 Views)

I got help by writing directly to HP-- I had to do a semi full reset. Printer works fine now. Seems that I must have had a power surge during a storm, and that's what caused the problem. If you give me your email address, I can email you the complete message that I got from HP. You have to perform the semi full reset from the front of the printer.

Honor Student
mthickey081369
Message 4 of 11 (2,399 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem and would love to take a look at the work around from HP.

Thanking in advance,

Michael

Student
Craiggg
Message 5 of 11 (2,018 Views)

Can you post the 'semi full reset' instruction?  I have the same issue now.

Intern
nancybl
Message 6 of 11 (2,014 Views)

To tell you the truh, I've forgotten how to do it-- sorry. As soon as I find out anything, I'll get back to you.

Intern
nancybl
Message 7 of 11 (2,011 Views)

I think I remember that the printer has to be off when you first start-- hard to see the icons, but it is possible. It took me a few tries to do this, but I was finally successful. Good luck.

At the home page, touch the “Home key (Top Left)”, then touch the “ Return key (Bottom Left) , then touch the Home key (Top Left) and then touch the Home key (Top Left) after power on. 
> > The screen should display “Support Menu”. 
> > Touch OK on the display. 
> > Keep tapping the right arrow mark next to the display until you get “Resets Menu”. 
> > Touch Ok on Resets Menu. 
> > Tap the right arrow until the screen displays “Semi full Reset”. 
> > Touch Ok . 
> > A reset process starts, the unit may power off and power on. 
> > A test page will get printed. 
> > Follow the instructions on the screen, you may have to place the test page on the Scanner glass and hit OK to complete the reset. 
> > On getting Alignment complete message; press Ok and check the results. 

Student
hwmoody
Message 8 of 11 (1,817 Views)

My HP officejet 6500a seems to have lost power.  The on/off button has stopped blinking and it won't turn on.  I've used another power supply from another working unit,but no success.  The scanner bar light is on but that is it. I've let it set for three hours with everything disconnected but still nothing.  Any help deeply appreciated.  Harold

Intern
nancybl
Message 9 of 11 (1,815 Views)

With the printer turned on, press the bottom left outiside of the home screen four times in succession pausing slighty between. This will bring you to a support menu. Follow the arrows to partial reset.

Student
kawags
Message 10 of 11 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please email me the instructions described in your answer to my inquiry. [Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation