HP Officejet 6500A printer error message paper size mismatch (5108 Views)
Student
magoose2737
Message 1 of 4 (5,108 Views)

HP Officejet 6500A printer error message paper size mismatch

I get an error message when I try and print legal size documents. It had been working fine until a few days ago when I started getting this error message. I have only had the printer since July. I have Windows 7 operating system. It had printed these same documents a few minutes before I started getting the error message. The message tells me it is a paper size mismatch.

Teacher
RickeyP
Message 2 of 4 (5,063 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 6500A printer error message paper size mismatch

Try this link and it should help you resolve this issue-  also using any other paper than "HP" branded paper can cause these as well.... also performing a "power reset may solve the problem- just pull the power cord from the rear of your printer with the printer turned on then unplugging it from the wall, waiting 20 seconds, then plug both back in and let printer come back on.

This Link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01824353&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4083977&tmp...

Although I work for HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Tutor
bedok
Message 3 of 4 (5,055 Views)

Hi Magoose2737,

You may want to check the paper size setting in the program & the rdiver (the pop-up window when you click on print) are both set to legal size.

If both are set to legal and the error message still appears, you could update the printer firmware, which is availabel at

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

1. Enter your product name/number

2. Choose your operation system 

3. Follow steps provided to update the printer firmware

= == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = == = ==
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name..

If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly ^!^
Teacher
vikramns
Message 4 of 4 (4,571 Views)

Install the firmware update available on hp.com for this printer

If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a kudo as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution

Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation