Question

Top Student
SueSSue
Message 1 of 5 (1,571 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet 8600 vs 8600 Plus - what are the main differences?

We currently have a Canon Pixma MP-480 & it has served us just fine for slightly over 4 years but now I am forced to search for a new one.  I have been looking at HP as I understand the ink consumption price is lower etc.  I am currently looking at HP Officejet 8600 Pro but didn't realize there were ? versions of 8600 etc.  Can anyone tell me what the main differences are (excluding the price of course).  I have been trying to read several of the reviews & the pros & cons were all over the board.  Most seemed quite happy & a few definitely were not.  I have a HP Laptop & am mostly quite happy with it.

One concern was that one couldn't email from the scanner?  From our old printer we could choose email via our computer on screen to send something in our scanner?

Another question was regarding 'duplexing' auto etc.  I understand this means printing 2 sides but beyond that, I wasn't sure what each of the 8600 printers did or didn't do.  Could someone explain that part of it, please.

Thank you

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 5 (1,561 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 8600 vs 8600 Plus - what are the main differences?

Hi Sue, have a look through the OJ Pro printer buying guide....

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/us/en/ep/guides/officejet-pro-buying-guide.html

If there's anything else I can help with just let me know

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
SueSSue
Message 3 of 5 (1,544 Views)

Thank you Ciara for your reply giving me a website, showing all the features.  It is good to be able to see them grouped together.  I had previously found some of the information but in various places & found it difficult to find the differences or the benefits of the higher end model.  I was trying to figure out which would have the best choices of features that I would use or not use.  I had found a review site previous & thought it was really good as it gave the pros & cons in different features over a different brand or over a lower or higher model or a new 'improved' model in same brand etc. which I found really good but had been unable to find the comparison for the 2 models that I was looking for such as better picture quality, more expensive per copy, faster printing, less jams etc.

Regardless, I have now purchased the 8600 Pro & am now working on the challenges of getting the features to work with our 2 computers.

Thank you again for your help.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 5 (1,541 Views)

Hi Sue, you're very welcome, I'm happy to help :smileyhappy:

FYI, the support page for the OJ Pro 8600 is below. If you run into any problems, the 'Solve a problem' section is a handy reference.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=4323659&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=oc_r1002_usen_s...

Best of luck

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
SueSSue
Message 5 of 5 (1,535 Views)

Great.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation