HP Officejet J6480 AIO paper mismatch error (1238 Views)
Student
stkaylor
Message 1 of 3 (1,238 Views)

HP Officejet J6480 AIO paper mismatch error

I recently had a paper jam on my above printer, cleared it, and now I keep getting a "Paper mismatch" error and the printer just spits it out, often with a slightly crunched right edge along the last half of the right side of the sheet.  Since the first half of the ream of paper had been feeding ok I assume it's a feeder problem.  Occasionally I can hand feed a sheet through successfully, but then the print is very crooked with the lines slanting up towards the right edge.  Again, this tells me it's a feeder problem.

Any suggestions?
The printer is 2-3 years old but sees light home use.  I'm pretty disappointed and hope someone has a suggestion.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 3 (1,222 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480 AIO paper mismatch error

Hard Reset – While printer is powered ON, pull the power cord from the printer then from the wall. After 30 seconds reconnect power to wall and printer. This will trigger a ‘dirty power up’ and restore the printer to a known good condition (if it is possible). No user settings are lost with a ‘hard reset’.
This ‘Hard Reset’ is one of the most powerful tools to use when the printer hardware is not functioning properly!

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
Sculley
Message 3 of 3 (697 Views)

Re: HP Officejet J6480 AIO paper mismatch error

Worked for me. Thanks bassergitz!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation