04-27-2010 11:20 AM
Windows XP Pro, new OJ 8500, connected by wired network.
firmware updated from web
printing function is unreliable - works then not
Do test print (or any other print job) from Windows, you can see the print job briefly flash in the print queue, and then disapear. It's like the job gets sent, and then the printer just deletes it, rather than print it.
go to http:\\192.168.0/103 - device webpage appears
HP digital imaging monitor shows connected.
Ink levels show on webpage OK.
HP Solution Center > Settings > Printer toolbox > Services Tab > print a self test diagnostic - Prints fine. (but job never appears in Windows printer print queue).
HP Solution center - scans work fine.
Windows Firewall exceptions: all HP .exe's and SLP port 427 TCP & UDP appear ok.
HP software removed and re-installed.
I have run out of ideas.
Your help please.
04-27-2010 04:00 PM
There are a couple of utilities near the bottom of this page that I would try (HP Print Diagnostic Utility and HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility):
If you try the HP Full Feature Software and Driver listed on the upper part of this page, I would use the HP Software and Driver Removal Utility located on the page first, especially if you installed from the original CD.
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper