Question

Student
Softheads
Message 1 of 3 (6,935 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g connected, but won't print

Windows XP Pro, new OJ 8500, connected by wired network.

firmware updated from web

printing function is unreliable - works then not

Do test print (or any other print job) from Windows, you can see the print job briefly flash in the print queue, and then disapear. It's like the job gets sent, and then the printer just deletes it, rather than print it. 

go to http:\\192.168.0/103 - device webpage appears

HP digital imaging monitor shows connected.

Ink levels show on webpage OK.

HP Solution Center > Settings > Printer toolbox > Services Tab > print a self test diagnostic - Prints fine. (but job never appears in Windows printer print queue).

HP Solution center - scans work fine.

Windows Firewall exceptions: all HP .exe's and SLP port 427 TCP & UDP appear ok.

HP software removed and re-installed.

I have run out of ideas.

Your help please.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 3 (6,917 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g connected, but won't print

There are a couple of utilities near the bottom of this page that I would try (HP Print Diagnostic Utility and HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3752459

If you try the HP Full Feature Software and Driver listed on the upper part of this page, I would use the HP Software and Driver Removal Utility located on the page first, especially if you installed from the original CD.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
nseif1
Message 3 of 3 (5,920 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g connected, but won't print

Please advise to fix ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation