04-03-2012 05:29 PM
Why can't I just print using only my black ink cartridge. I don't need the color and it is too expensive to buy. My printer has two empty color cartridges (which I don't care), but won't let me print only black until the empty color cartridges are replaced. I ONLY NEED BLACK!!! Is there any way to get around this problem?????
06-26-2012 02:17 PM
Hi there Brzzzzzr,
Lets set the printer to black and white only first. Open your printer prferences and under printing shortcuts select Fast/Economical under printer shortcuts. To the right choose the Black Ink only from the print in grayscale drop down. If the notification still persists you may be able to remove the color cartridge and print. Not models support this though, let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper