Question

Student
Brzzzzr
Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless print cartridge error

Why can't I just print using only my black ink cartridge.  I don't need the color and it is too expensive to buy.  My printer has two empty color cartridges (which I don't care), but won't let me print only black until the empty color cartridges are replaced.  I ONLY NEED BLACK!!!   Is there any way to get around this problem?????

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless print cartridge error

Hi there Brzzzzzr,

Lets set the printer to black and white only first. Open your printer prferences and under printing shortcuts select Fast/Economical under printer shortcuts. To the right choose the Black Ink only from the print in grayscale drop down. If the notification still persists you may be able to remove the color cartridge and print. Not models support this though, let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation