05-24-2011 01:31 AM
I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500A All-in-one printer and tonight while trying to print a message on the touch screen said to power off the printer than power it on again. When I did this the HP initialize logo came on but after about 15 seconds it went to a blue screen with error code C00E0060 and the power button symbol on it. The touch screen then went gray and all the lights and indicators, including the power button, started flashing.
I have been unable to find out what that error code is let alone what could be the actual problem. Any help would be appreciated. The printer is only 2-3 months old. Thank you.
09-09-2011 02:56 PM - edited 09-09-2011 02:57 PM
Just received my shiny new OJ Pro 8500A Premium purchased from HP's HHO store. DOA out of the box:
It gets to the Welcome screen, "Press continue to begin setup of you OfficeJet", then it says "Checking printer - this may take several minutes", and about 5 second later it shows a blue screen with the code "C00E0060". Then it displays a "Printer Error" screen with pretty flashing lights, asking me to turn the unit off & on. Does this every time, will not get past this error. Unplugging, waiting, restarting does nothing.
Guess I will have to contact HP support and have them send out a replacement; probably a refurb unit... wonderful.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper