Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi RAMUSIC,

I would like to help you with your inquiry. First do you have the printer connected to a wall outlet for power or a surge protector?

Click here to learn about issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge...

In this document you will see,

ISSUE:

Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector

This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

If you are already connected to a wall outlet or have tried connecting directly to a wall outlet and the issue persists, we can continue with the reset you requested.

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative.

Printer Resets: What You Should Know

Before we proceed, please review our Privacy Statement . This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page

Please return to the Forum and let me know if the issue is resolved, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am having the same problem with my OFFICEJET PRO 8500A Premium.  I would like to know what you have found out if you dont mind.  I can't seem to be able to view any of the responces that have been posted about the problem.  If you can help me out I will greatly appreciate the gesture.

Thank you

jbltdteam

HP Recommended

Did you ever solve your problem?  My printer will not pass the printhead alignment and spits out blank pages only.  New ink, and printheads are good.

HP Recommended

How do you perform the RESET, please?:smileysad:

HP Recommended

how do i reset to orginal setting

HP Recommended

How to reset?

1. Go to the support screen:

If you observe the printer screen very carefully, you can see the "RETURN" key (on the bottom left of the screen) although it is not glowing. Press this key 3 times. This should open Support menu. If not try again and press it for 4 times.

2. From there, go to the resets menu and select semi-full reset.

HP Recommended

Same issue here - "Paper Jam" message received when I have made sure all paper has been removed from the unit.

HP - can you please PM the instructions to do a Hard Reset on my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless (believe it is A909g)

Thanks,

KS

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, did you get it solvedÉ

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.