Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have this same problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/HP-8500A-premium-a910-The-touch-screen-will-re...

i tried partial reset and semi-full reset but doesnt work for me,i hope someone knows a way to do a full-full reset like this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/Officejet-8500-reset-help/m-p/170462

but for my HP Officejet Pro 8500a plus

Thanks for support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm reading people talking about pushing the pound button and the nine button as they plug the unit back in...I'm confused because my 8500a doesn't have ANY of these buttons, unless there's a concealed pannel I don't know about.

My printer refuses to print from any of the computers on the network. You power down, power up and MAYBE it'll print for a few minuts, maybe not.

I've also left it unplugged overnight and it still had the same issues. Today I did a software factory reset, then reconnected to the wireless network.

Any suggestions appreciated because I am getting SUPER irritated with this unit.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, it seems to work with the full-reset, just another question, on this menu can i reset the number of pages printed, return to a older firmware or reset the number of cartridges used?

HP Recommended
you're welcome...

no...
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
HP Recommended

How can I perform a full reset for my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 909a. 

I have a start-up loop on my printer and among other things I tried a semi reset but that didn't fix my prob.

HP Recommended

I have a Hp office Pro 8500A Plus printer, bought it in march 2011.  Evrery time I turn on the printer a Carriage Jam warning comes up, I had tried to claer the jam, in various points that printer sugested  but there is no paper jam to be found. I touched the Okay button to continue but, printer iddle for hours(Checking printer.this process might take several minutes). Priner never comes back to normal display menu. Can you Please help me to find a solution to this problem. It will be greatly Appreciated. Thanks. Ricardo Marmol. 

HP Recommended

I have an 8500A Plus.

The screen is dead, but the power button is on.

I can hold the button forever, but it will not turn off.

If I unplug and re-plug, still no panel.

Help.

HP Recommended

I am still having this problem with my printer. It worked for a few months just fine, now it hangs every time it sits for more than a few minutes.

{Content Removed: Confidential information} 

When I do this, nothing happens. If I press & hold the power button the power light comes on, but the screen stays blank. Pressing the button combos you suggest on the blank screen does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE:

OK, I got into the menu. I didn't have to do the 5 second power button thing. {Content Removed}

I have been playing around in this new menu and have discovered that if I place the printer in MFG mode, it responds and prints even after going to sleep (but the print quality is bad). When I place it back in USER mode, it goes back to not printing after a few minutes. For now, I am just running the printer in MFG mode unless I need to print something with high quality. I really hope they can get a firmware update to fix this thing or it's going to be my new boat anchor soon.

HP Recommended
Can you help with a blue screen and error 0005fbb6?
HP Recommended

Back in April 2012 you appear to have the same problem I am no experiencing.

Did you get a fix.... or a new machine?

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem that someone had as well:

I have an 8500A Plus.

The screen is dead, but the power button is on.

I can hold the button forever, but it will not turn off.

If I unplug and re-plug, still no panel.

Help.

I see that something they did managed to get them to the menu to choose MFG mode.  However, that part has been redacted so I can't see it.  Is my printer a paper-weight, or can we get it to shut off somehow?  I use it for business and am sunk until it works again. 

Meghan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.