Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You are most welcome.  I'm glad that worked for you and I appreciate the update.  That may be helpful for other community members.  Have a nice day !    🙂

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Rich,

Just wanted to let you know that I also used your solution.

The button on the back of the tray was key to resolving my situation, but I had to actually go under the unit to pop the button while the tray was still in half-way  in order to get it out.

Once it was out, I checked for jams and found nothing. I think that it was just my son putting a very short stack of paper in crooked then trying to install the tray.

Thanks for your reply posted here. My husband also thanks you, as he would've been stuck doing it if I hadn't found your advice. Oh, and Vinnie is also grateful. He had stopped breathing afraid I was going to make him stop breathing for breaking the printer!!!

Warmly,

HappyHouse3

HP Recommended

I wanted to add my own solution for this as none of what other people described worked for me and I became very frustrated as well!! 

I finally figured out what the problem was and hopefully sharing this will help one of you also.

I unplugged the printer and put it upside down onto a nice carpeted area.  I then proceeded to take the entire tray out of the printer b/c it was literally stuck... wouldn't go in and wouldn't come out.  I gently got it completely removed from the printer.  I then realized that there are two tabs at the back of the tray... one on each side... where if you had a full stack of paper in the tray, they would have layed down on their own.  One side was stuck (the right side).  I used my fingers to press this internal area of the tray down (so both tabs at the back (inside the tray) were now flush with the bottom and then proceeded to put the tray back into the printer.  Once the tray was reinstalled, I carefully only opened it about one inch and slid the paper into the tray and closed the drawer.

Hope this helps some of you!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.