Question

Top Student
lesliebry
Message 1 of 5 (6,425 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Officejet Pro 8600 not printing

just bought this printer and I'm running it on my network with a windows vista computer upgraded to windows 7 32bit.  Prints from all my other computers but will not print from this laptop.  All other functions work fine, scan, fax & web services.  Tried the print utility from HP but still won't print.  I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 5 (6,407 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 not printing

Hi leslie,

I would suggest visiting http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

Type in your printer model and ensure that the printer that shows up is exactly the model you are utilizing.

Once this page is loaded, go to 'software & driver download', select Windows 7 (x32) and download the latest drivers for your product.

If this does not work, it would be great if yo ucould provide any specific errors that display or if it at least shows the job show in the printing queue.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
lesliebry
Message 3 of 5 (6,399 Views)

thanks for the advice.  I tried this again but it did not work.  I feel there maybe a registry error on my computer?

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 5 (6,394 Views)

Did you install other drivers before trying the recommended set, designed for your OS?

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
lesliebry
Message 5 of 5 (6,390 Views)

No other drivers were installed. However I just discovered that if I setup the printer to connect to the router wirelessly it will work with my wireless laptop but not connect with wired network computers. If I connect the printer wired to the router it works with the wired computer and a new dell wireless laptop but not the other wireless laptop?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation