Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I purchased the printer (HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-one printer) in January, 2015.  The printer functioned properly - copy, fax, and scan, until two days ago.  Now, it does not print at all.  Received an error code: "0xc19a0013" (Missing or Failed Printhead).  An expanded version of the error code reads:  "The Printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed.  Error Code: 0xc19a0013.   The printer uses a removable printhead, HP Ink Cartridges 950 (black) and  951(cmy).  I have used HP Support Troubleshooting recommendations: all software and firmware for this printer is installed; the HP ink cartridges are not low or empty; removed the ink cartridges from the printhead and reinstalled them.

There are multible steps in the troubleshooting recommendation, but I stopped at removing the printhead.  Because of my technical inexperience, and there were too many ceveats (beware, caution, proper reinstallation, and etc.)  with removing the printhead that could cause greater problems.  So, I stopped at removing and cleaning the printhead.  Also, used the HP Printer Scan Doctor for assistance. The tool for cleaning the printhead doesn't work.   What troubles me most with the 0xc19a0013 error code is its explanation: The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed.  I can use all the help I can get to understand what is going on with the error code that I have received, and how to resolve the malfunctioning printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Contact HP technical support at 800-474-6836 for more options.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. 
Country-language selector.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Contact HP technical support at 800-474-6836 for more options.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. 
Country-language selector.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

8Lives,  

Greatly appreciate your time and assistance in the matter of my printer problem.  Under the circumstanes, and considering the complexity of my printer problem ,  thank you for directing  me to, perhaps, the most plusible option for resolution.

Thank you again,  sincerely.

HP Recommended

I have a new HP 8610 that is intermittently giving this error code, and have spent a couple of hours troubleshooting on my own and reading documentation on this print head error thing, plus another hour in a chat troubleshooting session which was inconclusive due to the intermittent nature of the error.

We just replaced a not-very-old HP 8600 with the same error because the print head costs as much as a replacement printer. I've only had this 8610 in service for 2 days and the error is definitely intermittent so the HP folks are hesitant to do anything except more hours of troubleshooting. I'm trying to determine if this is a pattern failure in the 8600 series. Does anyone else have this problem?

HP Recommended

@LynneCardwell, make sure that you are using the latest 8610 firmware. (FDP1CN1502AR)

Have you tried removing the printhead and reseating it.

HP Recommended

Thank you for offering a possible solution with FDP1CN1502AR...I've downloaded HP's latest updates but I cannot tell if 

FDP1CN1502AR is included.  Is there a link that will take me to that latest firmware?  

HP Recommended

@LynneCardwell, here is a link. (Use Option #2)

HP Recommended

HP help desk walked be through diagnostics.  Dead Printer!  They offered to sell me a reconditioned HP8610 at a discounted price.

HP Recommended

Again a link that only gives:

Error 404: There is no content available.

Nice help........I hate this..

shall I buy another printer (Cannon??)

HP Recommended

@Gubo, for best results you should start your own post.

Do you also have 8610 with a 0xc19a0013 error code?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.