Question

Honor Student
Geeves00
Message 1 of 7 (4,019 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7480 printing white lines

I am having an issue that has popped up suddenly. This is a brand new printer (less than 1 month). I ran all the maintenence under the tools on the printer but it is still printing (or not printing??) white lines throughout my print jobs...

Here is a scan of one of the printjobs. You can easily see where the white lines are. I have also updated all the drivers for this device. Has anyone seen this issue? Any idea what causes it? And of course, is there a fix?

I bought this printer at a going out of business sale so I can't exchange/return it.

Honor Student
Geeves00
Message 2 of 7 (3,989 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro L7480 printing white lines

Wow a whole bunch of nothing even after a few days?
Student
slaird75
Message 3 of 7 (3,582 Views)

did you have any luck finding a solution?

I have a similar problem with my office jet 7310 on horizontal lines.

VERY FRUSTRATING~!!!!

SEM Student
Student
SEM
Message 4 of 7 (3,411 Views)

After several failed attempts to clean the print head and  replacing the ink cartridge with a new one there seemd to be only erratic improvements .  All the colours were OK but the black ink was not getting to the paper.

As a last resort I removed the black print head and gently wiped it with a tissue to remove what appeared to be small flecks of black ink on the black side.  When I put the print head back it worked immediately.

Hope this is of help. 

Student
svccbks
Message 5 of 7 (2,973 Views)

I am having the same problem and the wiping of the print head hasn't helped.  Does anyone have another solution>

Top Student
bobh
Message 6 of 7 (2,379 Views)

Exact same problem for me. Printer is an Officejet Pro L7590. I just shelled out more than 60 bucks and replaced the black/yellow print head thinking that would solve my problem. WRONG! This is the main printer for my wife's home office and has worked ok for about two years. The black/yellow printhead was replaced once before, about six months ago. Any ideas what to try would be appreciated, otherwise anybody want to buy a printer that prints most of the lines ok?

Top Student
LynxError
Message 7 of 7 (1,673 Views)

After a 2hr phone call with tech support, here is the solution; the L7600 Series printer have a firmware update (file name: OfficejetProK7600_R2011PxN.exe) my printer was bought in 2008 thus my print head is a 2008 model, and new print heads are a 2011 modem, they don’t work right in a 2008 model this is PER the tech rep and his name was John unless you upgrade the firmware.
So I upgraded the firmware from a 2004NxN to the 2011PxN and now my printer says damaged or missing print head, I place the original print head from 2008 back in the machine and it’s fine, so I bought a 3rd print head for 2011 and it says the print head is damaged.
After another 30min or so I was told I have a bad printer and sorry the warranty is out, but the old print head works but any new print heads do not, this sounds like a HP Error firmware / hardware compatibility issue, not my issue, but HP will not repair.
HP has no fix nor will they repair the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation