HP P1006 driver for windows 7 (32-bit) not working (67119 Views)
nel Honor Student
Honor Student
nel
Message 1 of 7 (67,119 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP P1006 driver for windows 7 (32-bit) not working

[ Edited ]

Hello. I have a problem with my printer P1006. It works fine before with  windows vista but when I upgrade it windows 7 professional last month. The printer doesn't work. I tried to download the driver for windows 7 using IE and Firefox. The driver is not working and the ftp server is not serving this file

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-54963-5&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I chat with HP customer service several times and they give me the same link and its not working and i didn't get any help at all. They told me to try it the next day and so on.... I've been trying to download since driver was released until today but its still lot working. I don't think there's a problem with my computer (HP dv5-1000us) because i'm using the same laptop on vista and it works before. I also tried to download the file on my desktop still didn't work. I hope somebody could help me fix this issue. Thank you.

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link

nel Honor Student
Honor Student
nel
Message 2 of 7 (67,110 Views)

Re: HP P1006 driver for windows 7 (32-bit) not working

I called the customer service few minutes ago and i was hold for 15minutes. I finally keep in touch and spoke with the customer service. I'm just asking for help regarding the printer driver and they want me to pay for 64 dollars for the technical support since my printer is out of warranty. I purchased my printer at hp.com last sept 2008, I understand that my printer is out of warranty but i didn't realize that i need to pay $64 for the service.  I guess P1006 will go to the trash since it doesn't work on windows 7. I'm not gonna pay $64 just for the printer driver.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 7 (67,108 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this link, it replaces the ftp:// with http://.  Some systems have settings that preclude using ftp links.

While calling HP costs $$'s when out of warranty, there are other support methods that are free.  For some products support is available by email or chat.  And of course there is always this forum, where other users may have an answer.

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

nel Honor Student
Honor Student
nel
Message 4 of 7 (67,100 Views)

Thank you for your help Bob.

Honor Student
tictac89
Message 5 of 7 (61,576 Views)

I don't think this is the approiate place to post this due to the older date but I need help ASAP.

To Whomever might can help me.

I at my wits end and have pulled most of my hair out.
I cannot get the driver for the HP Laserjet 1006P to install in Windows7.
I tried from the disk (Windows7 error)
I downloaded from the support site (Windows7 error)
I downloaded the HP driver check software and tried from there (Windows7 error)

I changed the USB cable to no avail. 

I might add all software/driver versions from each place were the same.
I need this to work as I have a business to open Friday morning Jule 17, 2010.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I add that all works fine on a computer running XP professional but I can't
take that computer with me for a Kiosk in the mall.

thanks in advance

tictac89

Honor Student
pal30
Message 6 of 7 (43,110 Views)

I am having a problem with Windows 7 and my HP P1006 Laserjet printer. I have read and followed all the instructions for installing the Windows 7 print driver but after one use by another computer on my network I get firmware errors on the computer the printer is attached to telling me it has lost communication with the computer and I must power cycle it. After that message comes up I cannot print from either computer and I have to uninstall the printer and reinstall it on both computers before I can print again. I love my P1006 printer and I cannot afford to buy a new printer. Please help me!

Thanks, Pal30 

Student
Zuby
Message 7 of 7 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]

This worked beautifully Bob!  Thanks for the info.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation