05-06-2011 11:26 AM
My HP P1006 printer prints WAY too light. I installed Win 7 (32-bit), then reinstalled the driver, but there has been no improvement. Changing the print density does nothing!
05-06-2011 06:32 PM
You read my mind with your last statement regarding print density; that was my first thought.
Try following the steps in this document - Redistributing the Toner (This document displays the M1212, but the process is the same).
Also, try printing a Supplies Status Page (This Document has Instructions for Windows) - see what your page count is for that toner cartridge. The page yield for the standard cartridge (HP 35A/CB435A) is 1500 pages as per HP Shopping.
Let me know if the redistribution of the toner works or not, and also please post your page count from the supplies status page.
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
05-08-2011 09:15 AM
Oops, you are right---the toner cartridge is out of ink. Odd, though, that it still prints uniformly, and not the usual very non-uniform printing that is a dead giveaway for a cartridge that is almost empty.
It also doesn't help that the printer often gives false paper-out messages, that require a hard reboot to clear that message.
Thanks and Kudos, Jim
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper