Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There must be an easy way to read the ink levels on this printer   !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can find the full feature driver for win 7 from the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4589...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

On this printer, you can check ink levels as per the steps below:

1. Open the Printer Toolbox . There are two ways to open it:
  2. Open HP Solution Center , select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox .
  3. If the HP Solution Center method does not work, open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel , then right-click your printer icon and click Properties . Click Printing Preferences . Click the Services tab, then the Service This Device icon.
  4. The Printer Toolbox opens. Click the Estimated Ink Level tab. A cartridge might be running out of ink even if the graphic shows ink remaining (see the note at the start of this section). Lines or streaks always appear in printouts when the cartridges begin to run out of ink. Replace print cartridges that are out of ink or low on ink.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Thanks but nowhere can I find a Service Tab by going thro the control panel !

HP solution centre not set up ,so I guess I may have to .

HP Recommended

Thanks for your trouble 

Sorry to be an age replying 

Whatever I click on there is no service tab on the layout 

The original disc I had with the printer was for windows XP and this will not work for  with Windows 7

Where can I find one ??

HP Recommended

You can find the full feature driver for win 7 from the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4589...

HP Recommended

This was the "doable" path for me to restore ability to view ink levels on my Officejet 8500 910A.  I previously tried two other suggestins, accessing through Control Panel/Setup and Devices/Properties; in both, I got lost when couldn't match Tabs or see IP info.  This do-it-all program from HP brought my 8500 back to its original state of convenience-with-no-voodoo.  Thanks very much EDJ

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.