Question

Honor Student
fastfreddy777
Message 1 of 5 (3,307 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PSC 1400 not printing

I have a HP PSC 1400 series all in one that decided to stop printing this morning - I can see the documents in the queue but nothing is printing, any thoughts. Thanks, fastfreddy777

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (3,275 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1400 not printing

What operating system? I would suggest you download and run the HP Print Diagnostic Utility from http://www.hp.com/go/hp.  The troubleshooting pages here may help

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
fastfreddy777
Message 3 of 5 (3,255 Views)

Thanks so much Bob, for the life of me I couldn't figure it out, thanks again & have a great day.

Fred,

aka fastfreddy777

Student
KJaques
Message 4 of 5 (961 Views)

I am having the same problem. The letter E appears flashing amber. There is a print job in the queue, but nothing is coming out. If I manage to clear the print queue then it still flashes E feeds paper half way then nothing happens. I have just changed the print cartridge and installed this printer on my laptop. It was working fine on laptop, until print cartridge change, it seemed to go down hill from there.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 5 of 5 (945 Views)

Hi KJaques,

I understand you had changed your ink cartridge and now the printer is showing a blinking "E" light on the printer. I would like to make a few suggestions for you.

1. Reset your Printer and when you plug it back in, make sure it is plugged directly to the wall outlet, avoiding power bars, surge protectors, etc.

2. Remove and insert the ink cartridges.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Try inserting the previous ink cartridge if you still have it, to see if the "E" stops blinking. (Could be a cartridge issue).

5. Click this link, and select "Issue: The Check Cartridge light is blinking", then "Solutions" and follow the troubleshooting steps: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00476152#N2344

If the issue persists, please respond back with which operating system you are running and I will investigate the issue further for you. If there are any other issues you are noticing, please include them as well.

Thank you!:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation