Sheltielover
Message 1 of 16 (11,991 Views)

HP PSC 2355xi errors

I keep getting errors on my printer. 

One is    error:  0x840003fc  

another one is 

Error 0xb900004b
165"HW_INTERRUPT_HWV2.C
If I unplug the printer from the power then plug it back in, it works.  Sometimes for a while sometimes for a few minutes.  Anyone have this problem and how did you solve it?  It is driving me crazy. 
Top Student
RickVB
Message 2 of 16 (11,930 Views)

Re: HP PSC 2355xi errors

I am having the identical problem, but with different codes at the beginning (always 165:hw_interrupt_hwv2.c at the bottom). Same behavior as above. Got a feeling it's a catastrophic hardware failure. Any help from HP?
Top Student
Sheltielover
Message 3 of 16 (11,924 Views)

I still haven't gotten any reply from HP.   Right now I have the Error:0x840003fc  and the bottom line says 1:?

If you should get any information on how to fix this I would appreciate if you would forward it on to me.   I can't remember when I bought this printer but I don't think it was too long ago.  I guess HP thinks that a couple years old is too old and they want you to buy another one. 

Any suggestions on another make of printer that might last a bit longer?

Top Student
RickVB
Message 4 of 16 (11,970 Views)

Just submitted this to support, with a pointer to this thread. We'll see what happens. I just tried to run a Self-Test report, and got the same result as you just mentioned (different code after Error: , but 1:? below just like yours). Report stops part way through. If I don't get a good answer, you can bet I'll be looking into whose printer is more reliable. Never liked HP printer software anyway (endless grief).
Top Student
Sheltielover
Message 5 of 16 (11,966 Views)

I don't think you will get anywhere with HP but good luck.  Let me know if you do. 

I am also having problems with my computer.  It will not acknowledge my cd drives.  When I go to save something to the cd it says it is inaccessible? 

Any ideas on that?

I can put a cd in that has info on it and I can open and use it. but it will not let me save anything to one. 

Do you have a good computer cleaner that doesn't cost a fortune you use? 

Student
ikayak2
Message 6 of 16 (11,814 Views)

[ Edited ]

I too am having the same problem. Very strange on the timing. I first got the error in the early part of April. I have not had to do much printing until now. Could this be designed obsolescence?

My error code is 0xb9000013 with the 165:hwinterrupt_hwv2.c 

Charlie

Message Edited by ikayak2 on 05-17-2009 08:19 AM
Top Student
Sheltielover
Message 7 of 16 (11,805 Views)

I still have not heard a thing from HP about my printer problem.  So much for support. 

Now my computer, besides telling me my cd drives are inaccessible, my scanner program has disappeared. When I try to reload it, it says it isn't compatible with XP, only 95.  I know it is very old but it worked before.   I bought the HP scanner years ago with one of my first computers.

This is not what I thought HPsupport would be after having HP products for well over 10 years.

If anyone gets any info Would really appreciate you passing it along.

Top Student
RickVB
Message 8 of 16 (11,797 Views)

I got replies from HP on my problem, but the final message directed me to this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00489814&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

The directions here boil down to:

1) Reset the product (tried this, no luck)

2) If this doesn't work service the product.

...which I translate to "pay us more than the thing is worth for parts, labor and shipping...", so I fear we're all out of luck.

My printer has gotten much worse over the last few weeks, getting into modes where it will lock up on startup, time after time (no codes or anything).

gmb Honor Student
Honor Student
gmb
Message 9 of 16 (10,587 Views)

Have you replace the cartridges? I started getting this message abou the time my color was fading. I found someone on the net that said it related to the ink (apparently the message to the software relaying the info might be causing an error code).

I have not replaced my ink yet so I cannot verify that it will fix it. I'll let you know after I replace the ink.

Top Student
RickVB
Message 10 of 16 (10,570 Views)

Of course I replaced the cartridges, that was the first thing I tried.

As a final update, my printer began producing the error every time it was turned on, so I junked it and bought a Kodak ESP5, which I am very happy with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation