Question

Student
Jomasm
Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

HP PSC950 Stuck in "Warm Up"

I have no problem using the Print feature of my old trusty printer, but when I want to Scan or make a Copy, my printer goes into Warm Up mode and stays there.  This problem doesn't happen everytime, but it is happening more frequently.  Is there an easy fix?  Or do I need to purchase a new machine?

Student
Beagler557
Message 2 of 3 (323 Views)

Re: HP PSC950 Stuck in "Warm Up"

Hi Jomasm, what ever happened to your issue?  I ask because my HP PSC2210 is acting the same as your 950.  Did you get a new printer?

Student
svanteg
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: HP PSC950 Stuck in "Warm Up"

The reason for the problem seem to be a upset "whitebalance" due to dust scattering light in the chamber and on lamp and sensor. Also the constant on lamp will yellow the white lid insert over time.

It is possible to s l i d e the white part of the lid off, but I will glue it back twisted 180 degrees as I broke off some plastic tabs in the process...:smileyhappy: 

Treating the yellowing with oxalic acid did not do much and therefore the reseating of the white plastic on the lid.

This link might help you further on how to get to the innards of the PSC950 (look for tomahawk in the threads).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation