HP Photosmart 100 and windows 7? (2547 Views)
Student
valeriewalencik
Message 1 of 2 (2,547 Views)

HP Photosmart 100 and windows 7?

[ Edited ]

I have windows 7 and I noticed that there is no driver compatability between my hp photosmart 100. Is there some where else I can go, or is there something extra that I can download to make this printer work with my OS. I just bought the printer from my neighbor because she really needed the money, and I could really use the printer. Only she had lost the CD and I've been working for like 4 hours to try and get it to work with no luck. Can any body help me please.

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 2 (2,506 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 100 and windows 7?

Hi - Unfortunately, the printer is old enough that HP didn't develop a printer driver for it.  You may have already done this, but if not, go into Control Panel, Printers on your computer, click Add Printer and select HP to see if there is a printer driver for it in Win7 (I don't think there is, but worth checking).  You might try selecting another HP printer - Photosmart 300 series or a DeskJet 995c and see if either of those would work.  If they don't work, you can always print directly from an SD or CF card via the card slots in the printer.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation