Question

Student
yummyred
Message 1 of 14 (14,611 Views)

HP Photosmart 8250 - TOO MUCH GREEN WHEN PRINTING - Colour Error

So, I have the above printer.

I only set it up yesterday, following months of non-use due to a rubbish ink company sending me out a cartridge that malfunctioned and the second didn't fit.

So, I received this ink cartridge, the cyan one and replaced it fine. The printer will print pictures as normal.

What isn't normal, is the colour. It's very, very green. 

The only possible answer I have, is because the yellow is only half full (of which there is only 1 cartridge), but the two blues are completely full. Is this causing a weird balance between the two?

I have tried the calibrating process, which prints two large boxes and I have to pick the nearest colour. The nearest colour to the 'grey' however, are all green, so my calibrating won't even be close.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this without buying new cartridges? And yes, it is a genuine cartridge so I know that's not the problem.

Thanks.. Cassy

Student
hpusertx
Message 2 of 14 (14,528 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 8250 - TOO MUCH GREEN WHEN PRINTING - Colour Error

Someone else gave me the answer to the same question - you are out of magenta ink.
Professor
007OHMSS
Message 3 of 14 (14,485 Views)

I would try printing an image or document with a lot of red objects or text. See if the output has much red in it at all. If not, then the magenta ink is low, dried up, or there may be a problem with the printhead. If you did not already, try cleaning the printhead from the software.

Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us.  HP does not assume any responsibility or liability for the advice given. 

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
fiftymegatims
Message 4 of 14 (12,315 Views)

I have the same problem except it is more yellow than green. I have replaced all cartridges. All are new. All are up to date. I have done about 4 head cleans and everything looks fine on the print out. The example picture comes out green. The yellow indicator bar for ink on the printer screen is larger than all others, double the size.

I had to return the cyan because the ink level registered at 10% . This was a new cartridge.

Is there a force reset I can do?

I also tried an older less full yellow cartridge and got the same results. 

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 5 of 14 (12,302 Views)

Here is how to reset the HP Photosmart 8250:

Performing a full reset

1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from back of the product.
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Connect the power cord into wall outlet.
  6. Connect the power cord to the back of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press Power button ( ) to turn it on.
  8. Try to print.
007OHMSS

Honor Student
fiftymegatims
Message 6 of 14 (12,265 Views)

The reset worked great. Thanks.

It is printing pictures with too much green.

How do I fix this?

Cleaning comes out correct.

Calibration comes out correct.

Test picture comes out green.

Grey scale comes out green.

All new HP ink cartridges installed.

Using Hp Advanced Photo paper.

Honor Student
BoerBoel
Message 7 of 14 (9,274 Views)

I am having the exact same issue with a Designjet 130. Bought it today, everything went splendid until I tried printing. Quality is great, but have far too much green in the prints. I am using original HP cartridges, they are all full, Mac OS X 10.7, Photoshop CS5 Version 12. Actually had a similar problem with my last printer...an Epson 1800. Never solved that problem either. Now on a new computer with a new PS. Any ideas?
Professor
007OHMSS
Message 8 of 14 (9,225 Views)

It sounds like the color settings (advanced button in print preferences) are adjusted incorrectly. This could happen from an incorrect profile or by settings in a program. Does that print green from multiple programs?

007OHMSS

Student
rtownsend016
Message 9 of 14 (9,100 Views)

I have a photosmart D7160 that is a few years old, it has always worked well and I have always used only HP ink.  I went to print last night and all the areas of the photo that should have been brown were green as well as the border which should have been black.  I tried restore to factoy settings on the printer, disconnecting the power in the order instructed in previous post, turning off the photo fix option, switched to adobe photo setting, and replacing all ink.  What can I do to fix this issue?? Please help!!

Thank you,

Rachael  

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 10 of 14 (9,082 Views)

This document might help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00694951&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Color management might help:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00709514&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1156652&tmp...

This document is very useful for photo printing:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/print_better_photos/tips/printer-settin...

007OHMSS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation