Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just did the fix for my C4795 same problem. Trying to scan, save to media card, printing faint box on paper. With shipping this cost $5 Thank you for the advice. This is a simple fix.

HP Recommended

Working!

I just did a fix and it works perfectly now.

Thanks a lot!

Anyone with a similar problem should attempt this solution.

HP Recommended

I would be interested in 2 caps if still available.

HP Recommended

email jeffreymstrong (see pg 3 of this thread) and ask him if he still has some. I got mine from him

HP Recommended

I just replaced the bad capacitor in my C4680 and it seems to have fixed the problem.  Thanks for the fix.

HP Recommended

I totally did the described method, and it worked. I saved my printer! 

Unfortunately, due to HP forum rules, I am not allowed to give my information to anybody who would want any of my remaining capacitors. I managed to send 2 out before the cut off. Good luck everyone.

Here's a pic of my capacitor culprit:

You can't really tell in this picture, but the top was definitely curved in contrast to the other ones.

HP Recommended

Do you know if this is a typical problem for this printer (or all photosmarts)? I've loved this printer, but I don't want to keep investing in this brand/model if I'm going to have to replace it every year because of the capacitor.

HP Recommended
I have no idea what HP's failure rate is for this printer, but I would say when it does fail there is a high probability it will be this capacitor that has failed. Replace it will a quality capacitor and it will likely remain fixed.
HP Recommended

I am doing a video intended to ensure that these fortune 500 companies don't continually screw over hard working people/parents similar to the video the soldier did shooting the hp printer that would not work. My home and office is a cemetary of large printers and faxes plus expensive ink unused ink cartridges that were purchases. We should all take a day and show up at the executive offices with our unused technology and demand a refund and also go a year without purchasing these items.  Also the inadequate customer service.  I have a c4680 touch screen printer that is not responsive.  I have collected names and videos of people with similar a situation. Join me in this campaign with You Tube videos, calls to the corporate offices and Obama to demand more from these companies, DUMP THE STOCK TODAY!

HP Recommended

I have to assume it is the capacitor in my printer that has caused its mental breakdown. But I am not keen on soldering, maybe I can find somebody to do it. This is sad. I used to work for HP and I still own plenty of stock. It would be nice if HP tech's would acknowledge the problem and give the solution instead of having people figure it out on their own. But at least there are bright people out there who shared the solution. But if it doesn't work for me, it just wasted time and money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.