Honor Student
eugenejay
Message 1 of 6 (4,215 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart C6180 - Carriage Jam

[ Edited ]

Hi HP,

How to clear the error Carriage Jam?

Error: "Carriage Jam, Open Door, Clear Carriage door, then press ok to continue"

Now the printer cannot be use. please advise. Thanks.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 6 (4,184 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 - Carriage Jam

follow the steps here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00786043&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1153494&tmp...

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
eugenejay
Message 3 of 6 (4,172 Views)

baseergitz,

thank you very much the link really helps. the video makes it more easier, found the paper jam on right side using flash light.

after removing paper jam the unit is back to normal and working again.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00786043&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1153494&tmp...

cheers!!!!  :smileyhappy:

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 4 of 6 (4,170 Views)

Happy to help you eugenejay : )

You may click on the White Star below my name to express your gratitude...have a great day!
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Student
theycallmemommy
Message 5 of 6 (2,212 Views)

I have removed all paper from the printer and it is still sying carriage jam. I watched the video and it says if the carriage is docked do not try to move it and by process of elimination this is the only place left for there to be a jam. How do I get the carriage out of the docked position to check if that is where the jam is?

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 6 of 6 (2,167 Views)

Hi theycallmemommy,

Do you also have the Photosmart C6180?

Have you followed all of the steps in the next link?  Click Here 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation