Question

Honor Student
owlbarn
Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

HP Photosmart C7180 all in one printer fax scanner copier

my printer has the ablilty to scan negatives but will not because it says , after pushing the film button, and ok  the scan to computer option ,  "Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.   " Where is that .  I did try to intstall the cd but it says it needs  updates for this printer which support only up to windows xp  ,  My computer is windows 7.   Then is says to refer to my computers documentaion for information on upgrading your computers opeating system.  Or in this case an older system?  I can use all the other features but the film one.  It worked on my old computer but that died last June.    

Can you give me a web page with the updates or am I just out of luck on using it for film.   unless there is something else I need to do but the instructions are pretty straight forward .  Remove the pannel put in film and put on screen press film etc.

Then the above messages appear.

Any  help  even a can not be done is ok  then I can just stop

Georgene

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 2 (268 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7180 all in one printer fax scanner copier

Hi, you need the Windows 7 software. Find it HERE

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation