HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy-- (14317 Views)
Top Student
Spider1
Message 1 of 43 (14,317 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy--

I'm having a problem printing on my HP Photosmart C7280 All-In-One. The following message is what came up on the printer screen: Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy, receive faxes or print. Refer to printer documentation Error O.cl9a0007.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 43 (14,306 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy--

Hey Spider! First off welcome to the forum.

I would recommend removing all the ink cartridges, unplugging the USB cable from the computer that connects to the printer, and then shutting the printer off completely by removing the power cord. Then restart your computer. Turn the printer back on but leave it disconnected from the computer. After it has finished its power on cycle go ahead and insert the ink cartridges back into the printer and be sure to seat them properly.

After you have all the cartridges back in the printer properly then connect it to the computer. See if this resolves the issue. If not post back with any findings.

Thanks,

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
Spider1
Message 3 of 43 (14,304 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy--

Sean S. Thanks for the info! I have a wireless conection not a usb for my printer. Do I just turn off the cp also for the disconnect? Ron

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 43 (14,299 Views)

If you dont have a USB cable to disconnect then go ahead and skip that step. We just want to get everything powered back and then reconnected after a fresh restart.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
Spider1
Message 5 of 43 (14,296 Views)

Thanks Sean S. for the assist! I didn't see where to click to post for others to see that it is solved!

Ron

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 43 (14,288 Views)

Awesome! Glas we got it working. There should be a button near the reply button that says "Accept as Solution" or something along those lines.

Either way glad I could help!

-SeanS

Top Student
Spider1
Message 7 of 43 (14,277 Views)

Sean S,

There's no "Accept as Solution" or something along those lines coming up by the reply box.

Ron

Student
Sisa05
Message 8 of 43 (14,056 Views)

HP Photosmart B209 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy

I have tried disconneting the printer from the computer and the power supply, waited 10 secconds first but it says the same message; Ink System Failure, 0xc19a0023, then tried waiting for overnight but says the same message.

Honor Student
arpanainman
Message 9 of 43 (13,576 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B209 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy

I am getting an error message : Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, receive faxes or print. Error 0xc18a 0101. I have tried to turn off the power, removed the ink cartridges, turned off the printer and the computer (the printer is connected by wireless) and nothing seems to be solving the problem

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 10 of 43 (13,550 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B209 All-in-one problem printing. Ink System Failure has failed unable to copy

If you receive and "Ink System Failure" message you can use this document to troubleshoot the issu:

'Ink System Failure' or a '0x ...' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel

In the document it will ask you if you receive a specific code. Follow the instructions depending on your specifc error code.

Hope this helps!

-SeanS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation