HP Photosmart C8180 Windows 7 64-bit (263 Views)
Honor Student
mrscabel
Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)

HP Photosmart C8180 Windows 7 64-bit

[ Edited ]

HP PHotosmart C8180   Windows 7 64 bit       Serial Number {Removed for privacy}

My Photosmart printer began giving me error codes...ink system failure, B83024C6, and many others....flashing and blinking lights constantly.  We tried all the resets, called HP and they said they did not have a fix for this so we were not going to pay the tech fee for nothing.  I unplugged the printer and now it says...connect and install software. 

PLEASE HELP!  This is the most frustrating printer and everyone seems to have the same complaint.  This was an expensive printer and Hp should come up with a solution.

I would appreciate any help you could give me....

We connect with aUSB cable.  We also have a wireless N system but the printer is not used on that system.

Profeciency level of me is average

My husband and I have read the forum for some time regarding problems with the C8180 and many have given up hope of fixing the flashing led light problem.  Our C8180 now has other problems and we are so frustrated that we are making one last attempt to get this working.  We purchased this high end printer in 2009 and for a year it worked just fine...then the problems started. 

We have made no changes to the printer or the computer.  All software upgrades to the printer came from H.P. 

HELP....

Claire

Honor Student
mrscabel
Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C8180 Windows 7 64-bit

Well, as I expected.  Jumped through all the hoops to ask the right questions on EXPERT DAY, and none of your 300 EXPERTS  found it possible to answer the C8180 printer questions.  Why, because this piece of junk cannot be fixed!

Thanks for nothing.

Honor Student
bigbeat
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C8180 Windows 7 64-bit

Same problem--powers off so much I can't even get one page printed.  Also gives "ink system failure".

I'm looking for an answer--it was working well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation