Question

Student
tracyintpa
Message 1 of 8 (2,331 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m paper jam errors

I keep getting a paper jam error on my photosmart plus B209 a-m.  I have followed all of the directions in the guided help.  There is no paper jam and every time I try to print thats what message I get. 

Can anyone help?  I am so frustrated I am ready to scream.  I just got this printer for Christmas.  Geeze!!

Student
drenfroe
Message 2 of 8 (2,310 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m paper jam errors

Me too girl!  Have been trying for days!!!!  Have also confirmed that the carriage that holds the ink cartridges is also stuck on the right side on the printer and will not move, which keeps saying paper jam and there is NO @#*% JAM!!!!!!!  Can someone please help us???????

Student
lalandeannie
Message 3 of 8 (2,305 Views)

Re: HP Office jet J6480 paper jam errors

This is incredible, I'm having the same error at THIS MOMENT and I need to print some receits for customers. I really need this printer to be working. I tried all the 7 step on the HP.com site.

But it always says Paper jam, and there is no paper.

I need help TOO!!!

Student
rocks33
Message 4 of 8 (1,842 Views)

We are having the same issue and it's becoming more frequent.  Any word on a fix?

Student
fdandjacombs
Message 5 of 8 (1,426 Views)

HP Photosmart B209a jams

I was printing letters and got a paper jam.  Cleaned it out but could not continue printing.  Each paper after kept jamming.

Student
LeslieinNH
Message 6 of 8 (1,076 Views)

I am having the exact same problem. Anyone find the solution yet? Wish I had stuck with Epson. I've had my Epson Stylus Photo since 2000 and still works great but won't hook up to new computer. : (

Student
Isomeric
Message 7 of 8 (900 Views)

Totally, frustrated as well.   Ghost paperjam.   HP usually makes a good printer as I've had many.   This one.......I'd throw it away as soon as the scanner craps out.    Basically its a large scanner now.   I don't need to get up and hit ok and open the back door each time I need to print a page.   Really disappointing as I have not found a fix.

Student
Allistair
Message 8 of 8 (781 Views)

I have exactly the same problem!  Also VERY frustrated!

Called HP 'Support' yesterday and was told (LITERALLY):  "Throw the printer away."  !!!!
The machine is just slightly out of warranty and, since HP, in their infinite wisdom, has decided NOT to locate a Service/Repair Center anywhere in all of Australia, they are unable to service or repair this printer.

Aside from the cost associated with buying a new printer, I find this VERY ENVIRONMENTALLY UNFRIENDLY!!  To be trashing such a piece of hardware for a simple problem like this, is not a very smart way to be doing things, in my book.

I am convinced that anyone who knows how to open this machine up could fix this problem in 30 minutes, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get into the machine.
After having had a very close look into the guts of the machine, I can actually see where the carriage is hanging up, but am unable to disassemble or open the machine up to un-jam it.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO DISASSEMBLE AN HP-B209A (All-In-One) PRINTER??

VERY, VERY POOR SHOW HP!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation