HP Photosmart Premium 309a not printing to Printable CD (696 Views)
Student
Awaiting
Message 1 of 1 (696 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium 309a not printing to Printable CD

OS = Windows XP

Connection from laptop to c309a is USB

Can print from MS WORD to c309a

Can print from HP Solution Center application to 309a to print paper CD labels.

CANNOT print from HP Solution Center application to printable CD installed in c309a.

1. After setting up printable disc image in HP supplied Solutions Center application, clicking on PRINT results in message being displayed that reads

Tried:

1. Downloading completely new driver from HP website... the total driver was installed, not the basic version. Successfu except for a message that came up saying the c309a was not connected to the computer. The choices were to select a USB cable connection or wireless connection or a network connection.  I selected USB and made sure (numberous times) the cable was connected (vreified because I can print for MS WORD and from the HP Solutions application to paper. When checked afterward notice was presented that said driver was up to date.

2. From the HP Solutions application prepared an image from one of the templates (tried several templates) that is supposed to print directly onto a printable CD.

a.  When the PRINT was clicked on the following error msg appeared, "The application is unable to communicate with the printer".

i. When clicking on PRINT the HP Solutions application jumps to a window that displays various options for ordering prints from HP online as well as some other choices.  Net result, no printing to CD takes place.

2. Called HP Tech Support, three different people.

a. Suggested disconnecting power cable from wall outlet and also disconnect power cable from back of c309a and wait for 30 seconds before reconnecting.

i. Did that... noting different happened.  Same problem, unable to print to a printable CD.

ii. Final person said the printer is out of warranty and not servicable.  Buy a new one!

PS The c309a works with a USB cable connection for computer 1.  A second computer successfully accesses the c309a wirelessly for printing the same as computer 1.

The tray that holds the CD retracts from its printing position when the timeout occurs for the printer to go into sleep mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation