HP Photosmart Premium C309g Ink System Failure (11679 Views)
Honor Student
jamwoman
Message 1 of 29 (11,679 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium C309g Ink System Failure

[ Edited ]

Okay, so we are now on our THIRD :smileymad: HP Photosmart Premium C309g.  I say we because there are three of us using this printer through a wireless connection.  We have two laptops that run on Windows Vista and one that runs on Windows XP.  The original printer was bought in January of this year, and to my knowledge didn't have an error up until the Ink System Failure 0xc19a003e hit us a few weeks ago.  All of the errors are showing up both on the actual printer and on whichever computer is being used at the time.

It went back and forth between the Ink System Failure to a Carriage Jam error several times.  I believe there was a General Printer error in there somewhere as well.  I went through all of the troubleshooting within the HP Solution Center, and then searched online for solutions and ended up not being able to fix the problem myself.  We called HP Customer Support and after almost an hour on the phone -because we HAD to go through and do everything that I had done over again (i.e.. checking the cartridges; removing, cleaning and reinstalling the printhead; and resetting the printer).  We could barely understand a word that the gentleman at Customer Support was saying, and he didn't seem to know what he was doing.  We (finally) were told that we would need to get a refurbished replacement.

So while we waited for the 1st replacement printer to arrive, we received a replacement printheadI followed all of the instructions that came with it and still the same Ink System Failure 0xc19a003e error!  Not to worry though, because we had a replacement printer on the way; and surely that one would work!

The 1st replacement printer arrived!  With bated breath I took it out of the box, and began the process of setting it up; which indeed went perfectly well.  Until I tried to print something with the damned thing!  Again it went back and forth between the Ink System Failure to a Carriage Jam error several times.  I believe there was a General Printer error in there somewhere as well.  AGAIN, and to no avail, I went through all of the troubleshooting. Bracing ourselves for another hour on the phone we called HP Customer Support and after almost an hour on the phone -because (AGAIN) we HAD to go through and do everything that I had done over again (i.e.. checking the cartridges; removing, cleaning and reinstalling the printhead; and resetting the printer) and AGAIN we got someone who didn't seem to know what he was doing.  We (finally) were told that we would need to get a refurbished replacement.

Today, the 2nd replacement printer arrived, imagine our dismay when the dreaded Ink System Failure 0xc19a003e hit us.  And again it keeps going back and forth between the Ink System Failure to a Carriage Jam error!  I have once again followed all of the troubleshooting options to no avail; although, this time I was at least able to print two documents and two photos!  We are BEYOND upset, and if the damned things wouldn't cost so much I'd take a sledge hammer to both the 1st and the 2nd replacement!

Is there anyone out there who can actually help us?

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 29 (11,661 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C309g Ink System Failure

Hi jamwoman,

I'd like to help follow up on this. Can you please tell me your reference number from when you contacted phone support ?(it's a number that typically begins with an '8')

Kind Regards

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
jamwoman
Message 3 of 29 (11,649 Views)

Hi Ciara,

From what i can find in the notes I believe the reference number is 8040986647.

JamWoman

Honor Student
vrnorth
Message 4 of 29 (11,543 Views)

We have another one here with the same error. 2nd one in a week. HP was no help on the 1st. one and they will without a doubt be no help on the second one. We repair many HP inkjets and have called tech supports so many times. The same old story, jump through hoops you have already done and then told buy another machine.  What are they smoking?

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 29 (11,531 Views)

Hi vrnorth,

Is it a 2nd PS c309g with an ink system failure error? If so, what was the full error message? (0xc_____ )

Have you tried resetting the printer and cleaning the printhead? (further details here )

Kind Regards

Ciara

Student
frankbranca
Message 6 of 29 (11,502 Views)

Was there a resolution to this problem? I am now on my first replacement printer and am having the same problem that this new printer was supposed to correct. I get the error even if I try to print something from the printer menu touch screen.

Honor Student
mmcsinc
Message 7 of 29 (10,805 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280 Ink System Failure 0xc19a003e error

I see others have had the same issue but I do not see any resolution.  I steadfastly refuse to have interaction with an overseas help desk as America needs jobs and hopefully someone at HP here in the US can provide an answer. 

My printer is barely year old and I have had numerous issues with it but I have always been able to get it working.  Can someone please give me a solution as to how to get this printer up and running?

Thanks,

MMCSINC

Frustrated in Florida!:

Intern
Jann31
Message 8 of 29 (10,773 Views)

Hi mmcsinc,

I've found these two solutions here:

http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-fix-0xc19a003e-error-on-hp.html

I hope it will help you,

Good luck !

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 9 of 29 (10,742 Views)

Hi mmcsinc

For the PS C7280, if you see Ink System Failure (an '0x' message), try resetting the printer ...

1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product
  2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
  3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  5. Wait 60 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button
  7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
  8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.

Did that solve the issue?

Kind Regards, Ciara

Student
nancy0554
Message 10 of 29 (10,580 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have been seeing failure 0Xc19a00007 which is not covered by anything I've found.

One problem with the procedure above is my printer is wireless. There is no USB cable to disconnect. Is there another procedure I should follow? This printer is all of one month out of warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation