10-06-2010 07:38 PM
I've had this unit for over a year. I still like the design, but problems:
1. The photo black ink would intermittantly stop printing, and now has quit all together. Have cleaned cartrige (internally and externally) and although occasionally will get a little photo ink on a Quality Test, mostly nothing. All other colors continue to print just fine. Have concluded it is the printhead gone bad. How do I find the part number for this to replace? Have gotten a part number through numerous converstaions with HP but they have not been able to confirm this is the printhead for my C309. Help?
2. The photopaper feed has always been balky but now I have to extend one sheet out the back of the carriage in order for the printer to grab it; otherwise it says it is out of paper (and it is not).
3. I really don't care about the photo black ink (for photos and disks) but there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to just use the regular black ink.
10-27-2010 05:18 PM
I´m having a similar problem, for about 3 months I seek for a PN of the printhead, I just find today:
CN642A - Printhead Unit
This product is compatible with :
Hewlett-Packard OfficeJet 6000
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart B8550
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart B8553
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart C5380
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart C6380
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart D5460
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Premium Fax
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Premium Fax C309 Series
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper