HP Photosmart Premium Fax C309a problems (printhead and photopaper feed) (2139 Views)
Honor Student
hubblijr
Message 1 of 2 (2,139 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium Fax C309a problems (printhead and photopaper feed)

I've had this unit for over a year.  I still like the design, but problems:

1.  The photo black ink would intermittantly stop printing, and now has quit all together.  Have cleaned cartrige (internally and externally) and although occasionally will get a little photo ink on a Quality Test, mostly nothing.  All other colors continue to print just fine.  Have concluded it is the printhead gone bad.  How do I find the part number for this to replace?  Have gotten a part number through numerous converstaions with HP but they have not been able to confirm this is the printhead for my C309.  Help?

2.  The photopaper feed has always been balky but now I have to extend one sheet out the back of the carriage in order for the printer to grab it; otherwise it says it is out of paper (and it is not).

3.  I really don't care about the photo black ink (for photos and disks) but there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to just use the regular black ink.

Student
agenor_sp
Message 2 of 2 (2,065 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium Fax C309a problems (printhead and photopaper feed)

Hi Hubblijr,

I´m having a similar problem, for about 3 months I seek for a PN of the printhead, I just find today:

CN642A - Printhead Unit

This product is compatible with :

Hewlett-Packard OfficeJet 6000 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart B8550 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart B8553 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart C5380 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart C6380 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart D5460 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Premium Fax 
Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Premium Fax C309 Series 

Good luke,

Agenor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation