HP Photosmart premium not printing correct colors or contrast on photo paper. (698 Views)
Honor Student
Tony007
Message 1 of 2 (698 Views)

HP Photosmart premium not printing correct colors or contrast on photo paper.

[ Edited ]

My HP Photosmart Premium does not print correct colors or contrast level on photographs using photo paper.  This happens with using most any application and setting the paper type to one of the photo papers...  By using MS PhotoAlbum and selecting the photo tray then forcing "regular paper", I can get a somewhat decent print (this trick only works with MS PhotoAlbum).  When I setup to any of the "photo paper" types, I do not get correct colors or contrast levels (even if the print preview looks good).

I have the same issue with 8.5 x 11 inch photopaper.  Unless I select "regular paper" as the paper type, I get incorrect color and contrast (even if the preview looks good).  The ICC "Color Profiles" look to be OK (at least the titles are correct).

Anyone have any ideas?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (674 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart premium not printing correct colors or contrast on photo paper.

Try the troubleshooting steps in this page.  My bet would be the Photo cartridge (the black with the bow tie symbol) is out of ink.  This is only used when photo paper is selected, for plain paper printing the regular black cartridge is used.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation