Question

Top Student
drdjcasper
Message 1 of 4 (469 Views)

HP SELLS DEFECTIVE PRINTERS AND WILL NOT REPAIR or LOOK AT THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS

[ Edited ]

I purchased an OfficeJet Pro K5400 and liked how fast it printed.  I bought several to use at home, office, and college student.  I kept an extra one, unopened, in the box. Anotther printer I was using stopped working.  I opened the NEW

OfficeJet Pro K5400.  It was carefully set up.  The PRINTER NEVER WORKED!

THOUGH THE PRINTER WAS NOT OPENED UNTIL I TRIED TO INSTALL IT HP WOULD NOT EVEN OFFER TO LOOK AT IT TO FIND OUT ITS DEFECT.

I JUST PURCHASED an EPSON.

Intern
alrtech
Message 2 of 4 (436 Views)

Re: HP SELLS DEFECTIVE PRINTERS AND WILL NOT REPAIR or LOOK AT THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS

Tthe warranty starts on the date of purchase. It doesn't matter when you actually open the box for the first time, the purchase date is what HP Support must follow for warranty entitlement.

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. If I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP on how to solve an issue, but I'll do my personal best to help you.
Honor Student
Chainsstyle
Message 3 of 4 (347 Views)

Re: HP SELLS DEFECTIVE PRINTERS AND WILL NOT REPAIR or LOOK AT THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS

Must be a nice corporate policy:

Lets sell the customers defective half finished products and hope that they dont use it for 30 days! 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (337 Views)

Re: HP PRODUCTS

Chainsstyle wrote:

Must be a nice corporate policy:

Lets sell the customers defective half finished products and hope that they dont use it for 30 days! 

It depends on the country you are in, but the typical warranty for HP printers is one year.  If you are having a problem for a printer that is under warranty Contact HP.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation