06-17-2011 07:43 PM
I just received my new T-2300 Postscript plotter.
- When I turned it on, it wants the thumbdrive firmware update, which I installed.
- It was looking for updates for a loooonnnggg time (it was connected to my LAN and the web) then it stopped and said to reboot. Which I did.
- It started up and went through most of the initialization process. The display screen directed me to pull out the print heads and to replace them with "Setup Printheads" well there aren't any... So I am stuck at this point. (This was a Demo unit). It won't accept the same (perfectly good) printheads either, it keeps demanding that I pull them out.
- I pulled the printheads out completely and pressed the OK button.
- It goes to the next step and wants me to replace all the ink cartridges! I pulled then out briefly and replaced them. It still wants different cartidges. I can't afford to replace all those ever so slightly used printheads and cartridges.... I don't understand WHY it is insisting on different/new printheads and cartridges!
I'm guessing that the new firmware makes the unit think it is brand new and it wants to see brand new printheads and cartridges..... but the one's I have are fine.
Is there a work around here or am I missing something ridiculous like it really wants me to pull everything out and let it do something and then put them back in later (that sounds ridiculous).
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper